Hello, My brother got a 7100g blackberry that was a hand me down from a ... General Blackberry forum

hello12 no está en línea Stack level 1

IT Policy Question

Advertisement

Hello,

My brother got a 7100g blackberry that was a hand me down from a company... Their IT policy still shows up under security... Does that cause any troubles or problems if he doesn't remove it? I'm just not sure what an IT policy does

Thanks for any help!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    It could make many problems, from disabling the phone feature to loading 3rd party apps. We have a thread about how to remove it. Or the policy could just be for a BES server. There's no telling until you hit a feature that doesn't work.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hello12 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the reply! I did a search on removing the IT policy if he needs to do that...

If it doesn't cause any problems with the phone would it do anything where the company will see that there's an old phone out there with their IT policy on it? Like would it talk back to the company in any way? I'm new to the whole blackberry stuff

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by hello12 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I did a search on removing the IT policy if he needs to do that...

If it doesn't cause any problems with the phone would it do anything where the company will see that there's an old phone out there with their IT policy on it? Like would it talk back to the company in any way? I'm new to the whole blackberry stuff
    Most likely not, the phone should have been removed from their BES server before it was sold. There is a slight chance that it's not, but then their admin should be removed as well.

scott0482 no está en línea Stack level 2
    couldn't he just do a "wipe handheld" on it? its under security in options...

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by scott0482 View Post
    couldn't he just do a "wipe handheld" on it? its under security in options...
    That should be sufficient.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Wiping a handheld will not remove the IT policy.

Follow this link, this is how you remove the policy.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=84
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 05-09-2008 at 10:00 PM.