I used to have a Blackberry 8700i attached to my corporate BES server. Due to ... General Blackberry forum

icecoldbeer no está en línea Stack level 1

Question IT Policy for non-BES connected Pearl

Advertisement

I used to have a Blackberry 8700i attached to my corporate BES server. Due to cost cuts, I don't have it anymore. I found myself lost without a blackberry, so I went out and bought a pearl. I hooked it to my corporate PC with USB cable and fired up Blackberry Desktop Manager. It recognized that this was a new/different Blackberry and ask me if I wanted to sync with this new device. I said yes.

I synced my email/calendar/address book. Everything worked great. So, now at least I have my info with me even though I don't have a Blackberry data plan or are tied to a BES server.

However, I just notice in "Settings" -> "Security Options" -> "General Settings" that my company's IT Policy is listed.

Did I just tie my Pearl to my corporate BES server just by doing a wired sync to get my email/calendar/address book?

I may be overly paranoid about this, but I've heard that once you have a device tied to a BES server, it is virtually impossible (if not totally impossible) to untie it. What happens if I leave this company and take a new job? Do I have to buy another Pearl?

Please advise.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    By loading the BB via your dm, it loaded the policy you had before. I think the policy is actually stored on the computer. It is able to be removed. There are some posts and blog entries here about how to remove it. If your old policy was not overly restrictive, you could leave it on, the choice is yours.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    One more thing, if you do leave your current job and get connected to another BES server, the new policy will overwrite the old one, so you aren't stuck to one server forever.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    ok not to be rude, on a totally different subject,
    I maybe shouldn't post this here but, i'm having problems with this web site, (Kronos.Williamslea.com) the site requires Java, and i know our BB's have it, but for whatever reason, My BB8310, OS 4.5, won't load this site, it will load Youtube and everything else..i'm like stuck can anyone help...? thanks in advance....