Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've called them and am waiting for them to call back and my hubbie has ... General Blackberry forum

chrystalina no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2401C60E

Re: It Lock

Advertisement

I've called them and am waiting for them to call back and my hubbie has emailed them and he's still waiting for them to write back. I tried to do those instructions that were given to me a few post back and i couldn't get it to work. I just don't understand some of it......

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

One of the perils of buying from ebay.

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2

You will need to follow similiar steps as mentioned in the past post giving instructions to remove the IT policy. I recommend searching the web for alternative instructions. The goal is to use Desktop Manager to push over USB cable the blank POLICY.BIN file to remove the group policy (restrictions). Until this is done correctly, you are dead in the water. Fortunately, you do not need to rely on the seller and can fix this yourself. Perhaps you have a PC savvy friend that can assist? If you wipe the phone, it wipes the data but not the IT policy.
    Please post on further updates or additional information to assist chrystalina.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ She has already wiped and restored the OS 5 times. As far as I know the only person who can remove an IT policy is the IT admin. Unfortunately she can't contact the original owner to get this information. Apparently what happened is that they only wanted the device to use data and not voice, but forgot to restore voice capability to it when they left the BES.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Using the instructions at the above voicecareaustralia link I have removed IT policies from several Blackberries that were no longer used on a BES. You just need to follow the steps slowly and exactly. I did not have the password of the devices when I went through the steps since there was just a pile of old blackberries in a box and I just took a few of the ones in the best condition. So relax and just follow the steps, or get a tech savvy friend to do it for you.

chrystalina no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2401C60E

i just wanted to thank everyoneone for their help!!!!! We finally did it!!!! He got his phone working right.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You can't remove an IT policy with a device wipe or by entering a password or by toggling options. You must have a blank policy pushed while on a BES or you must use the instructions provided earlier in the thread (just to clarify as there was a lof of inaccurate info in this thread).

If you're on a BES with a company that uses IT policies then don't bother trying to remove it. The policy will be pushed back to your BB and odds are that your company will consider it grounds for disciplinary action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12