I received a t-mobile blackberry from my girlfriend's job that no one in the company ... General Blackberry forum

rapstar1983 no está en línea Stack level 1

Issues with registering my PIN

Advertisement

I received a t-mobile blackberry from my girlfriend's job that no one in the company could use beucase it was a Pearl and not company standard. For months I have been trying to get the device setup with my carrier, AT&T.

I first performed the SIM unlock and then called AT&T. The IMEI is registered with my AT&T SIM card and cellular service works fine on the device. The problem I have been having is with registering the device PIN with AT&T's BIS site.

At first I kept getting a message stating that the PIN was registered to another provider.

When I first got the Pearl there was already a t-mobile SIM card in it. When I put that SIM card in the phone, the data works fine. I created a login account for the SIM card and t-mobile number on t-mobile's website and then used an older t-mobile blackberry to update the PIN and IMEI.

Now when I go back to AT&T's BIS login site, it doesn't tell me that the PIN is in use, but still gives me an error. This time the error states that the PIN is registered to another provider and to check the URL I am using to setup the BIS.

Can anyone shed some light this on for me? I already tried sending a registration message from the HRT option on my device but that didn't help.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think you can contact your girlfriends company to release the pin or call RIM to release it. It sounds like the pin has not been released from the company it was issued to. You may be able to talk to the company's IT department and they can call the provider for a release.

Thanks. We had tried going through her company and the PIN is not registered to their BES and the procurement department tried contacting their t-mobile vendor rep but all I ended up with as another SIM unlock code. I guess I'll try RIM again and see what happens.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not quite sure where you would think that a company would need to release a pin (doesn't work that way). A BES does not own a handheld (it's one of the many services a handheld could subscribe to).

The problem is that your PIN is still tied to your T-Mobile BIS account (and as an AT&T subscriber, you should have an AT&T BIS account).

You should still be able to logon to the T-Mobile BIS site with your userid / password - if you delete your account, this should remove the association with your PIN.

(if it still doesn't work - call RIM customer support and they can 0 the pin on your BIS account).

When I ran a google search for t-mobile BIS login, it seems that it is routed through their My T-Mobile login and do not have a direct BIS login. When I login to My T-Mobile, there is an option under support for device. If I go to device support, there is a link for blackberry internet email, but when I go there, there is no option to delete the account, just change device. I changed device already from the Pearl's PIN that was register to an older blackberry PIN and IMEI. Shouldn't that have technically freed up the PIN on the Pearl?

If RIM is the way to go, does anyone know where to get their number? I went to RIM.com but none of their support or contact links have a contact number.

So, when you login to their BIS site, it now shows the other PIN & IMEI as being associated with that e-mail account?

Hmm. Did you wipe your device after switching from T-Mobile? (guess probably not).
    You probably still have your T-Mo service book(s). Try making sure that you delete the CMIME service books for T-Mo. Re-register...try the e-mail setup icon again - see if it lets you create one on AT&T.

I went into the device options and wiped the handheld. Upon the device booting back up I actiavted the wireless and then received a registartaion error message asking me to enter a valid 10 digit mobile number. I went to HRT and chose to register (received message registration message sent successfully).

I then went back to AT&T BIS login and chose to create a new account. When I entered the PIN and IMEI, I still received a message stating the device is registered with another service provider. It then said to re-register the device and check the URL for BIS site that I am logging into.

Damn. Sorry man, looks like you're going to have to call RIM's customer support and get them to zero the bis account for you.
    (this could actually be fallout from the migration of the old BIS system to the new one - it's possible there could still be an old account on the old system).
    Customer support will be able to get this fixed up for you.

I think part of the problem is that I never had t-mobile. When my girlfriend started working at her new job, we would car pool so when she went out drinking with her co-workers after work, I would be there. The woman who runs their procurement department and were talking one night and she made a comment about getting me a blackberry. Sure enough about a month later my girlfriend came home with a t-mobile blackberry pearl (i have always used AT&T).

We got the SIM unlock code which at the time was the only thing i though i needed. I used the code and then put my SIM card in the device. I called AT&T and had them register the IMEI with my SIM card and i was able to use my cellular service on the pearl. I have no issues with making or receiving calls or getting text messages.

I couldnt get the browser to work so i joined this forum and found out that i had to register the PIN with AT&T's BIS. Thats when i first started having issues. I contacted t-mobile to release the PIN and kept getting the run around. The woman who gave me the phone checked with her t-mobile rep and i ended up getting another SIM unlock code.

I hate to continue bother the woman who gave me the phone so i have been trying to handle this on my own for months now. I realized that when she gave me the phone there was already a SIM card for t-mobile in it and when that card is in the phone, the data works fine.

I went to t-mobile website and created a my t-mobile account using the phone number on the SIM that came with the phone. Thats when I realized that the device PIN was registered for BIS service still. Just last night, the woman who gave me the phone sent my girlfriend home with an older blackberry for t-mobile that the company no longer uses. I went to My T-Mobile and changed the device PIN and IMEI that was registered the SIM that came with the phone. The only thing I wasnt able to do was put the old t-mobile SIM in the older blackberry and completely register it (no battery in the older bb).

thanks ridicule. when i call RIM i just tell them that i need to have the PIN on the pearl 0'd out on the BIS?

Give them your PIN number (they'll probably do a pin-to-pin with you...just to make sure you're not playing a trick on someone else)
    Tell them the bis account you have - they should zero the pin on it (this breaks the pin to BIS ID association). Then try to create your account with them still on the phone (don't let them off of the phone til you get this working)

i am sorry to keep bother i just want to be perfectly clear.

i call RIM and give them my PIN (most likely they'll PIN to PIN message to verify i am the one with the PIN provided).

i then tell them that the PIN is currently on t-mobile BIS but i need it to be on at&t BIS?

Yep, just tell them that the device had a t-mobile account associated with it...now you want to use it on AT&T (and give them the T-Mobile bis account info too).