My daughter has an e-mail account through AIM. When ever she sends me an e-mail ... General Blackberry forum

floridadomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Issue when receiving e-mail from an AIM Account

Advertisement

My daughter has an e-mail account through AIM. When ever she sends me an e-mail to my BB it always is missing the body of text. It shows who it is from and the links that AIM attach's to their e-mails. The e-mail account that she is sending it to is my account through t-mobile.
    AIM is the only email client that I am having this issue with. Anybody have any ideas?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Issue when receiving e-mail from an AIM Account

i've honestly never had that issue when someone does that to me, hmmm....well i should revise that it happens somtimes but not all the time. Do you get any of the messages at all? usually you can open the menu when the message isnt recieved and redownload the message, have you tried that? I'm not 100% sure. I would say it happens to me about 30% of the time.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

There's much discussion on this at BBforums. I opened a case with RIM today and gave them 3 examples of messages that have the body (via POP3) and no body when sent to the BB. Some thought it was only happening with Lotus Notes email. But its definately a BIS issue that just started a few days ago across all carriers.

When I get a response from RIM I'll update everyone.

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss
    There's much discussion on this at BBforums. I opened a case with RIM today and gave them 3 examples of messages that have the body (via POP3) and no body when sent to the BB. Some thought it was only happening with Lotus Notes email. But its definately a BIS issue that just started a few days ago across all carriers.

When I get a response from RIM I'll update everyone.

Thanks whsbuss! So its not only with AIM then?

PIN/ID
    317ce3cd

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    i've honestly never had that issue when someone does that to me, hmmm....well i should revise that it happens somtimes but not all the time. Do you get any of the messages at all? usually you can open the menu when the message isnt recieved and redownload the message, have you tried that? I'm not 100% sure. I would say it happens to me about 30% of the time.
    How do I redownload the message? I do not see that as an option.

whsbuss no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer
    Thanks whsbuss! So its not only with AIM then?
    Correct. Its across the board on all BIS servers. I haven't heard from RIM yet but I have had no problems today from email users that I noticed before. RIM usually waits a couple of days before closing a case just to ensure its fixed.