I'll apologise upfront as this is a vague enquiry as details are unclear!! Does anyone ... General Blackberry forum

gloomywood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Question Is this possible?

Advertisement

I'll apologise upfront as this is a vague enquiry as details are unclear!!

Does anyone know if it is possible for someone to "inadvertently" send a media file (I believe this was a photo) and the sender not know that they have done so?

Only details I have is that the question referred to it being done over wi-fi, but the question came from someone with very little BB knowledge.

The enquiry came from a relative's boss, so I cannot clarify any details people may ask for.
    I believe the BBs may be on an enterprise server as the people involved were described as senior managers.

I personally cannot think of how this could be done without the sender doing quite a few button presses or a record being kept on the BB.

Any ideas folks?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, we've all heard the term "butt dial," when someone has a phone in their back pocket and inadvertently calls someone in their phone book, so I'd say anything's possible.

There is an option when you have a picture open to send said picture to someone, whether it be via e-mail, text or MMS. Could be that the media file was open on the device, then the user put the phone in his/her pocket which set off the chain of events to accidentally send the file.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quite possible, but highly unlikely. Even on an iPhone you have to open the picture, then open the options, then select the option. There are at least that many steps on a BB as Roger alluded to.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    if they took the picture and left the camera up it would only take 2 or 3 clicks to send a picture
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Do they have an apps on the blackberry for uploading pictures to websites, I know that there are some available to make sending pictures simple. Other than that, there I think there are too many steps to randomly send a picture.

pinkert11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Kids - They can do anything

Could the user have let their kid / child play with their BB. I have a 4 year old a about a year ago she picked up my BB, took a picture of a tree (kinda) and emailed it to a VP in our Asia office. I had no clue until I received an email in response asking what it was.

gloomywood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    Hi Folks

Thanks for those that replied to this thread.
    It was a query from a family member whose boss was claiming to not be responsible for sending some inappropriate content....

The thing that struck me as most odd was that there was no record of the message being sent, so even if butt-dialled or similar, there would be a record.

Anyway, scandal is resolved.

Thanks All

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I think it is possible but if you are sending several pictures to the same person at different times that is not an accident

logicb0x no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think nothing is impossible
    All About Blackberry Playbook 16GB ... From Review, Discount Code and Best Deal