Is this a good deal. I am looking into getting the 8800. I bought a ... General Blackberry forum

ROADDOG no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile is this a good deal

Advertisement

Is this a good deal. I am looking into getting the 8800. I bought a GPS off this site and got great service and very fast. Just seems to good to be true. Is there a better deal anywere. Not sure if link will work if not type in blackberry 8800 under the search on there site. Please let me know what you think. I am with cincular (AT&T) My contract ends in june. I can not change until then. But I am going to have my wife start new contract if I can get this deal...

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-880...3834373&sr=8-1

thanks in advance for your time. John AKA ROAD DOG

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: is this a good deal

I think it may be a good deal except for the fact that you MUST pay your bills on time (not be late), not use the phone to replace another phone, can't change your plan, and can't go to another carrier for 180 days after you get the phone/plan. If you do any of these, get ready to pay $250 for the equipment discount. I don't like these types of deals. I would rather go to your carrier and get the phone. Then you can do whatever you want with it.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-14-2007 at 12:03 AM.

thanks 4 the reply

You're welcome. I just find those deals too restrictive and with as many phones as I can go thru per year (at least 3), that wouldn't do me any good.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

I did the amazon deal with my pearl. Peoples jaws drop when I tell them i got the phone for free (with the rebate of course). If you dont mind having the same phone for a while i would highly suggest doing the amazon deal!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I think it may be a good deal except for the fact that you MUST pay your bills on time (not be late), not use the phone to replace another phone, can't change your plan, and can't go to another carrier for 180 days after you get the phone/plan. If you do any of these, get ready to pay $250 for the equipment discount.
    Actually, you can upgrade with the following restrictions
    Am I Eligible To Upgrade?

To qualify for a phone upgrade and contract extension:
    You must be month-to-month in your existing contract with this
    carrier, or you must be at least 10 months into your 12-month contract
    or 22 months into your 24-month contract.
    Your account must be in good financial standing and without late fees.
    You agree to extend your contract 24 months from the end of your
    existing contract.
    You are not attempting to upgrade an entire, or any portion of, a family plan.
    You are not a former AT&T TDMA subscriber now on Cingular's network.
    Note: Eligibility results may vary based on a number of conditions,
    such as usage history, payment record, and previous phone replacement.
    Also, you can change plans. You just can't change to a lower-priced plan or remove features that will lower your monthly payment to Cingular.

You can go to another carrier -- you just can't close this line of service down until the contract is up but that's a given for any wireless contract.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I don't like these types of deals. I would rather go to your carrier and get the phone. Then you can do whatever you want with it.
    Not exactly. You're still bound by whatever contract you enter into with the carrier and it's always a good idea to pay your bills on time anyway...
    Last edited by takeshi; 03-14-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Conditional $250 Equipment Discount Included: Your price paid includes an equipment discount of $250 that has been provided to you in exchange for either activating a new, non-substitute line of service or renewing an existing line of service with Cingular, and your agreement that for the 181-day period following such activation or renewal you will: (1) pay your balance due to Cingular each month and otherwise maintain your account in good standing; (2) not disconnect this Cingular line of service; (3) not transfer this equipment to another Cingular line of service; (4) not change your Cingular service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate--this includes canceling or removing required PDA, BlackBerry, or smartphone features after your product has shipped; (5) not use this line of service to replace an existing account with Cingular. If these conditions are not met, you hereby authorize Amazon.com to charge your credit card $250 as reimbursement of this equipment discount without need for further approval.
    I guess I read this wrong then. That's why I never do these.