is it any way to use WLM, flickr, mig33, google talk etc. via wireless internet ... General Blackberry forum

segulec no está en línea Stack level 2

is there any way to log in via wi-fi??

Advertisement

is it any way to use WLM, flickr, mig33, google talk etc. via wireless internet connection?? i don't have a bis account.. i searched forums so hard to log in via wireless internet connection in my home.. but i couldn't find a way to solve my problem.. or is it a problem?? please help

is there any way to log in via wi-fi

is it any way to use WLM, flickr, mig33, google talk etc. via wireless internet connection?? i don't have a bis account.. i searched forums so hard to log in via wireless internet connection in my home.. but i couldn't find a way to solve my problem.. or is it a problem?? please help

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    They won't work off your wifi just like that. Do you atleast have a data plan? Like a GPRS only plan? As you mentioned you don't have BIS. Are you just using your device as a phone?

If you have a basic data plan, you could set the "APN" and some of those apps could work. But most are set to use data from BIS...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

for the present, i use BB as a phone and as a entertainment machine.. i know, BB doesn't deserve that rudeness i know about gprs, and i use it sometimes, but my aim is to log in wlm, flickr etc. programs via wireless internet connection (or wi-fi) without paying any charge at my home or school or where avaliable.. in turkey, these kind of services are not very cheap for a student to be online whatever he/she wants.. so yes i'm a student i was used to HTC excalibur and i didn't have a problem about WLM or something like that.. for that comperasion i remain stuck on with it

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Well, if you get a blackberry BIS plan, they mostly encorporate unlimited data over gprs edge.

And you get 10 email accounts as well... This may be a good solution for you. You'll be able to do all your messaging and facebooking off that...

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can try to set these programs to use direct TCP connections, instead of HTTP/BIS connections. Not all programs have these options though.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    You can try to set these programs to use direct TCP connections, instead of HTTP/BIS connections. Not all programs have these options though.
    you mean, i should try to use gprs? i can use gprs but i wonder that BB (or maybe WLM, mig33, flickr) doesn't support only wi-fi internet connection for these programs.. i want to believe that this problem can be solved with a little trick in options menu.. am i optimistic.. maybe
    all right then.. maybe there is a way to setup my wireless modem router for BB to work as a "server"??

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Segulec, do you have blackberry services by your cellphone carrier? Because most programs will not have an option to change their data pathway to TCP...

Also, I don't think your "server" idea will work... But I'm not sure I understand it. Can you explain how you propose to do that?

no, i don't have any, yet.. that's the problem in fact.. so, i want to access the programs via wireless internet connection.. i think that, if the blackberry is a advanced phone (or device), i should solve my problems with some changes in options, like the computer.. i don't think it is a stable device (or OS). but it may be.. you tell me because i'm new with blackberry

i thought my "server" opinion again and it has some mistakes in fact.. i back down from it..

well, is it any way to setup VPN to access these programs? (i'm sorry that my jargon is not perfect.. it may cause some misunderstoods)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I really don't think there's any way around this other than getting BIS...

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I really don't think there's any way around this other than getting BIS...
    Okey then.. I'll subscrib a bis data plan. Thanks for your patience

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ya, wish I could tell you another way, but blackberries are usually bricks without either bis or bes service...