Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would be open to something else also, as long as it doesn't wear out ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Is the Trackwheel Gone Forever?

Advertisement

I would be open to something else also, as long as it doesn't wear out quickly.

Have had the 8700 for what, a few months now and already afraid that I have abused the trackwheel too much...Just waiting for the day I press in on it and let my finger off and it goes flying across the room...Or the day that I go to press it in and doesn't do anything...I try and use shortcuts as much as possible but still have to use the trackwheel at times.

Guess if it comes down to it, just swap trackwheels from the 7290 into the 8700?

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Is the Trackwheel Gone Forever?

Thats what im worried about also. Had my 7100i for about 2 1/2 months and it is CONSIDERABLY loser than when I first received it.

prockn2red no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244DB61F
    there are still BB devices that have teh trackwheel that are being sold in many different cell phone providers. Maybe its time to say good-bye to the trackwheel and hello to the trackball??
    I dont think RIM would completly end the trackwheel.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    im sure the next generation of trackballs will be some kind of optical ball without moving parts. i dont mind the trackball even though it gets glitchy from time to time.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I enjoyed the trackwheel while it lasted. When I learned it was being replaced with the trackball I had mixed feelings. On one hand I had used a trackball on a desktop computer & loved it. However it seemed out of place on the BB until I saw it. Not bad I thought, so I bought an 8300. Now after having five different BB's with trackballs I find them very useful, and yet I think the ease of use, accuracy & comfort would improve immensely if RIM would increase the diameter approx 10 to 15%

via RedBerry *8310* (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ...Now after having five different BB's with trackballs I find them very useful, and yet I think the ease of use, accuracy & comfort would improve immensely if RIM would increase the diameter approx 10 to 15%
    I've often thought of this. The trackballs of my old laptops were always larger and seemed less affected by dust, dirt and overall less jumpy.

Interesting this thread got dug up -- it's kinda fun to see where we all were two years ago speculating about QWERTY BBs with trackballs and now we're almost at the end of the track wheel era from what I can tell!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It was an easy transition for me. The trackball gave me an easier way to scroll up than the trackwheel. I remember the dreadful day my trackwheel locked up on my 2nd 7105t.

I've also used trackballs and trackwheels on my pc and SideKicks so I had more practice. Easy transition.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    Trackball nearing it's end? Interesting. I was hoping they would develop it to be a little more duable and more dirt resistant.
    Andy

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Who said the trackball was nearing its end? I think we were referring to the trackwheel nearing its end.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

rite... mine gets dirty all the time so I just shoot some air in it and it seems to work! Long live the trackwheel!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12