I am seeing more and more posts/threads/replies about the Curve/Pearl/Bold but nothing exciting about the ... General Blackberry forum

kermalou no está en línea Stack level 2

Is the 8830 dead as phone?

Advertisement

I am seeing more and more posts/threads/replies about the Curve/Pearl/Bold but nothing exciting about the 8830. Is it a dying phone?

mpcurve no está en línea Stack level 2
    yeah its dead do you haev one i'll take it =P

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Well for one it is PRIMARILY a CDMA phone and GSM users outnumber the CDMA users on this forum and around the world. Me personally though I find the 8800/8830 too big and only use it when I'm not allowed a camera on the premises.

With that said it does have a purpose(travelling) but without a camera many users are "turned off" of it. I would say that with the introduction of the Bold we are going to be seeing less users using the 8800/8830.

jvega926 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'd have to agree with kier. But I also only see curve/bold/pearls mentiond and see the 8300 on the decline. If its not deas yet I imgine it won't be long

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I See alot of people getting the 8830 only when they are coming from another type of phone (Slider/Flip) ..

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I left the 8830 because of its size. I always felt like it was a little too bulky but knew the pearl was way too small for me as well. I felt that the Curve was the perfect medium between the two and wouldn't go back to using the 8800 series devices. The camera is nice to have but I really don't use it all too often.

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540
    I love my 8830. But I'm getting a free bold soon so I'm sure ill love it even more

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I wouldn't say dead, but mostly on a decline. Without the camera a advanced multi-media feautres it's not as desireable for the non-corporate user. For business it's a way to get some new features without having an issue or situation where cameras aren't allowed. I have a couple users with 88xx devices and I am seeing them starting to get left behind a bit by my curve/pearl users.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by jvega926 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ See the 8300 on the decline. If its not deas yet I imgine it won't be long
    The 8300 is definetly on the decline as the 8310 an 8320 give you added functionality(GPS or wifi).

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well is like everything that deals with technology... When something new comes out that shows some improvement, the older models tend to fade away slowly. Eventually it will happen to all our blackberry models as new ones come out. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jvega926 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jvega926 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'd have to agree with kier. But I also only see curve/bold/pearls mentiond and see the 8300 on the decline. If its not deas yet I imgine it won't be long
    I meant 8830

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I feel that the blackberry is only as good as the user that controls it. Depending on what you do on your phone you made the choice to buy it. Don't lose faith in your phone. If you do I'd recommend an upgrade but they are rarely coming out with new devices and when they do its always a minute until the release.(At & t)
    So choose your Berry wisely. Don't let the reps decide ever. (Iphone lovers)