Is there any BlackBerry software that is comparable to the VolumeCare program for Treo's at ... General Blackberry forum

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3

Is there any program to increase volume like VolumeCare for the Treo's?

Advertisement

Is there any BlackBerry software that is comparable to the VolumeCare program for Treo's at VolumeCare 6.17 (for Palm OS) - mytreo.net/downloads ?

It basically increases your speaker so you can hear at a higher volume

I've used that program with my old treo and it was great

Thanks guys

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    I also used VolumeCare when I had a Treo 700p. I don't know of any Blackberry equivalent out there (being pretty new to Blackberry myself), but are you sure you need VolumeCare? I have a Blackberry Storm and it's LOUD. I have not had a need for an app like VolumeCare.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    The Storm is pretty loud, I'm amazed at how much quieter the curve is. Rather annoyed by it actually.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

the sprint tv volume doesn't go up loud enough...I wish I could fix that to

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7

Thumbs up 4.5 OS Curve Volume Problem resolved with mp3Gain

Quote Originally Posted by eyecon82 View Post
    Is there any BlackBerry software that is comparable to the VolumeCare program for Treo's at VolumeCare 6.17 (for Palm OS) - mytreo.net/downloads ?

It basically increases your speaker so you can hear at a higher volume

I've used that program with my old treo and it was great

Thanks guys
    Don't know if this will help you eyecon........but.....I'm in love with my BB again .......ever since I upgraded my 8310 to ATT's 4.10 OS my volume was reduced by about 35% to 50%. It has been so frustrating that I was within 2 hours of downgrading back to the 4.2 OS today because of this issue.

But, I remembered a program some of the stackers talked about called mp3Gain. I've been reluctant to use it because I thought it was as labor intensive as Audacity. In Audacity, I had to import each mp3 file then manually adjust the sound envelope (sometimes, more than once) then export again as an mp3.

This is the love part-downloaded mp3Gain and pointed it to the folder on my curve that held the mp3's. Voila! 2 hours later, all 365 songs have been upgraded and the volume is as good as or better than when I was using the 4.2 OS. Also, mp3Gain did not appear to change the size of each individual file. From the time I opened the program, there was no manual intervention necessary--fully automatic. It wasn't necessary to play with each individual track and it worked much better than I expected. Just point to the mp3 folder and hit the go button. You can also adjust individual tracks if that option is better for you.

If you are looking for resolution on the BB volume issue, I heartily recommend the mp3Gain program. Check it out at:
    http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/download.php
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Thanks for the suggestion, but my primary use would be to use it in call, speakerphone, and watching the sprint TV program...which mp3gain can't do

Yeah, I see your point--would not help much for your needs. Don't know if you have audio boost activated--seems it resets itself periodically on my Curve and I have to turn it on again. It may have some relationship to your speaker volume. Good Luck

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A
    Could your speakers on your bb get any damage from enabling auto boost? Has anyone had this issue?

I think it is possible to tweak your mp3's to the point where you may damage a speaker. But using mp3's that you have rippped from a a CD or downloaded from Amazon or where ever......don't think you would have an issue with audio boost activated. Probably depends on the phone but I had my songs on an 8300 initially then 8310 and tweaked many of the songs individually to increase volume with Audacity. I then activated audio boost and listened to these songs on max volume weekly for over a year without any problems. You can always drop the volume down a notch or two by adj the volume button when media player is playing. Good luck.....

no, speakers can't get damaged unless you reallly crank it up

angiesbiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25E0711A
    Thanks for the info.