I went and unlocked my blackberry, and am now in the process of trying to ... General Blackberry forum

kelsness no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Is it possible to RELOCK a Blackberry?

Advertisement

I went and unlocked my blackberry, and am now in the process of trying to sell it (sniff sniff) and the potential buyer wants to know if he'll be able to relock the BB to T-Mobile's network. (it's a 7100t, so it started out on t-mobile in the first place)

Does anyone know if this is at all possible?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Is it possible to RELOCK a Blackberry?

Quote Originally Posted by kelsness
    I went and unlocked my blackberry, and am now in the process of trying to sell it (sniff sniff) and the potential buyer wants to know if he'll be able to relock the BB to T-Mobile's network. (it's a 7100t, so it started out on t-mobile in the first place)

Does anyone know if this is at all possible?
    Just out of curiosity, I'm not quite understanding why someone would want it locked back to a network. It will work with Tmobile regardless if it's locked to them or unlocked. And I'm pretty sure there is a way to relock it, yes.

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

unfortunately, i can not answer your question, but i can direct you to this thread, which mighttttt get you an answer faster? http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ry_7100_a.html

if they know how to unlock em, maybe they know how to relock it ?

hope this helps.
    If any issues with my themes are found, please inform me so I can fix them :)

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

Ben, I'm not sure exactly why he wants to re-lock it. I found it slightly pointless as well, but apparently that's a selling point for him, and seeing as I need the money more than I need the phone, the crazy's got it.

Rae, That was what I was thinking, it's easy enough to unlock it, THEREFORE it MUST be possible to relock it... thought I'd come to the best place to ask it.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~once a phone is unlocked it can't be relocked. It shouldn't matter to the buyer thou. Works on any gsm network now he should be happy about it

Thanks Nicky, I appreciate it.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Ben, I'm not sure exactly why he wants to re-lock it. I found it slightly pointless as well, but apparently that's a selling point for him, and seeing as I need the money more than I need the phone, the crazy's got it.

Rae, That was what I was thinking, it's easy enough to unlock it, THEREFORE it MUST be possible to relock it... thought I'd come to the best place to ask it.
    Just tell him it's locked again. If the guy has Tmobile and a Tmobile sim card, then the phone will work fine. I don't think he'd go find an AT&T sim card "just to check" if the phone was actually locked.

Ben! Lying? Pfft. Although, if that puts him at ease, I'd feel slightly okay with it, I mean, it's not like it's NOT going to work for him.

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2

awweeeee i wouldnt lie to him maybe he just doesnt know it is in his benefit and maybe now kelsness can advertise it as an unlocked phone and get even more money for it

i really make an effort not to lie, not like i dont lie, cuz, well, i would be lyin if i did....... but still
    If any issues with my themes are found, please inform me so I can fix them :)

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The phone can be relocked but it is more of a pain than unlocking it is. I unlock phones in our shop and relocking a phone usually requires rewriting the low level boot sector and reflashing the phone afterwards to get the subsidy codes reentered in with the methods we use. I have to agree with everyone else in wondering why anyone would want to relock a phone (except in cases of warranty exchange when the unlock was performed by a shop and not the carrier).

Zo

I'm not sure WHY he wants to relock it... I'm not in the mind of this man... However, I was advertising the phone as unlocked, maybe I need to EXPLAIN what "unlocked" means to the man.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Make sure you close out your BIS account with your carrier so the seller can set up their email in BIS. That way he won't be tracking you down to do it later.

Never had it set up for that, but thank you for the reminder, I should go delete all the texts/etc. that were on the phone.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

A device wipe (Options->Security and it's on the menu there) will take care of it for you.

the potential buyer wants to know if he'll be able to relock the BB to T-Mobile's network
    ...sounds like the potential buyer needs to be educated...
    Last edited by takeshi; 07-07-2007 at 04:19 AM.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Ya. I'd explain exactly what unlocked means. Sounds like he thinks its going to be a problem.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~