I was just wondering if it's a good idea to do a wipe of your ... General Blackberry forum

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Is it good to wipe a handheld occasionally?

Advertisement

I was just wondering if it's a good idea to do a wipe of your handheld occasionally, even if you have no problems? I've installed quite a few applications and then removed them. Some of them I removed with DM and others just through the phone itself. I've read other threads that suggest it and some don't. Is it really like a fresh install or reformat of a harddrive? Thanks

cjburchfield no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21B2CF32

Re: Is it good to wipe a handheld occasionally?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Others should correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not necessarily good to wipe a handheld at any kind of interval, especially if you're not having problems. Think of it like wiping your home computer every month.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610

I believe that if you are constantly installing and uninstalling diffrent apps, like I do, sometimes you can get some lag in the performance of you blackberry. I would suggest that if you find it to start under performing and the old batt pull doesn't work, it always will help give a fresh start to wipe it all away. I would not do it on a regular basis maybe just twice a year

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have lots of apps and often run out of memory on a status check. I've had My pearl for nearly year and wouldn't consider a wipe. Too much work to reset up. Moving pics to sd card, hard & soft resets and removing apps I don't use much keeps everything ok

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I think the accepted normal time to wipe a BB is when you sell it and don't want your info to go with it. Otherwise, unless you have a problem, I don't think I'd wipe the info and start over. There are usually other ways to solve performance problems - not always.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com