Heeeya, I have an 8100 Pearl on T-Mobile USA that needs to be unlocked, so ... General Blackberry forum

Elliot no está en línea Stack level 1

Is GSMphonesource MIA?

Advertisement

Heeeya,

I have an 8100 Pearl on T-Mobile USA that needs to be unlocked, so I e-mailed GSMphonesource for the coupon code almost a week ago, and no response. Is their response time/customer service always this bad? I shouldn't say bad -- it's just non-existant.

I've heard tons of good things about them on this board, but I'm a tad weary of giving them my money if it'll take me this long to get a response. Does anyone know any other good unlockers that could take care of my T-Mo Pearl?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Is GSMphonesource MIA?

Have you tried talking to Adam Via AIM?
    http://www.gsmphonesource.com/info.html

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have unlocked phones with them really good they give you the unlock code in 24 hours or less it's crazy fast

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Does anyone know any other good unlockers that could take care of my T-Mo Pearl?
    I do. T-Mobile. They have givin me all my unlock codes. If you have been with them for a bit, just call customer service (611) and ask for the code. They will email it to you usaully within 24hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    Have you tried talking to Adam Via AIM?
    http://www.gsmphonesource.com/info.html
    Added him to AIM, never seen him when I've been on. Still, it's hard to believe it takes a week to answer an e-mail. I'm going to try to get in touch with T-Mo and see if they can unlock it for free. I heard it takes up to a week, but that's $35 saved.

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32

Might sound stupid but could be one of two things:
    1) either your email went to his spam box or his reply went to your spam box
    2) he might be on vacation...does happen...people do that from time to time...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

Update! I called GSMphonesource today, got an answering machine. Adam called me back like five minutes apologizing for missing my call. I explained I had a Pearl unlocked to T-Mobile and he explained the whole process and said he could get me an unlock code tonight most likely, tomorrow night at the very latest.

I figure my e-mail must have been lost among his sea of e-mails or went to his spam box or something. So far, I'm pretty impressed with a service that will take phone calls from customers. I was just frightened because a lot of online unlockers seem a bit shady, and your only avenue of support is e-mail.

I'll post my experience with GSMphonesource as soon as Adam provides me with an unlock code!

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Update! I called GSMphonesource today, got an answering machine. Adam called me back like five minutes apologizing for missing my call. I explained I had a Pearl unlocked to T-Mobile and he explained the whole process and said he could get me an unlock code tonight most likely, tomorrow night at the very latest.

I figure my e-mail must have been lost among his sea of e-mails or went to his spam box or something. So far, I'm pretty impressed with a service that will take phone calls from customers. I was just frightened because a lot of online unlockers seem a bit shady, and your only avenue of support is e-mail.

I'll post my experience with GSMphonesource as soon as Adam provides me with an unlock code!
    You didn't have any luck with T-Mobile?

I'm not a customer any more so I couldn't call 611. I sent them an e-mail, and it's been a long time and no response.

stonec1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone know what the latest 'status' of gmsphonesource service's are? I placed my order on Sunday 9/16 and am still waiting for my email. Yes I have checked all spam filters and even sent an email to info@ on Tuesday following up if the order was processed correctly (included my receipt number etc). Still nothing. I IMed who I suspect to be Adam? on AIM and all I got was a 'hello'. The only thing I haven't done yet is called. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your thoughts.

stonec1 no está en línea Stack level 1

well what do you know, I finally got a hold oh Adam via AIM and I am one of the 'unlucky' ones who needs the more expensive route packages. Oh well... it's worth it.