MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it

Advertisement

I'll try and let you know- thanks.

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Dang- didn't work for me. This is wierd! My friend right next to me can use it perfectly, she's on sprint. uggh!!!!

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Ok-I am able to get at it using Opera mini- I'm going to try jblackfish's overlay suggestion next...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Also did you compare your browser settings to your friend's? Check the emulation mode and all the other settings and make them match then try again.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    No luck again! Emulation mode etc., matches. Cleared cache again....I just don't understand. It's only facebook that won't load. the error 400 details read ' invalid response code [-1]

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Different carriers label theirs differently, mine is just labeled "Internet Browser ICS" Then I log in to my BIS account either via the PC or via the email setup icon on the BB and click on service books/send service books

that was my 7,000th post
    That's amazing, Az - You're posting bonanza, and good stuff too!
    Hutch, sorry I didn't think of trying re-sending service books. I should have - it fixes SO many things. Did that help you with Facebooks access?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    That's amazing, Az - You're posting bonanza, and good stuff too!
    Hutch, sorry I didn't think of trying re-sending service books. I should have - it fixes SO many things. Did that help you with Facebooks access?
    Yeay, az!! Glad to be a part of it! LOL

j- no no luck as of yet. Thanks

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    This sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MHutch30 View Post
    This sucks!
    Yep it does, Hutch, but we need info - what did you try? What response did you you get? That sort of thing -
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    I tried everything that has been suggested in this thread, minus the re install of my OS. I also just uninstalled the facebook app and then reinstalled it with no success. I have never called verizon tech support b/c my stackers have always come through. I may, just to see if they know what that code means and why is it only affecting facebook?? It's as though it's blocked from the server...who knows. )

Before we give up can you check your free memory? options>status> file free and make sure you haven't run out.

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    j- I haven't run out...however, I just changed my default browser to 'internet browser' from 'blackberry browser' and lo and behold-IT WORKED!

This is bittersweet, as I have grown acustom to the BB browser and hate my default verizon one. If it's a trade off, I suppose I'll lump it and use the VZW default one.

I just don't understand how it all the sudden stopped working- I have been using FB and the BB browser since I upgraded to 4.5 a month and a half ago....

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Its weird, w/Alltel there is only internet browser as a choice, but when I use it there is the BlackBerry splash screen. The only time I see the alltel splash screen with browser activity is when I use the email setup icon and log in to my BIS account. Weird how different carriers have different options.....glad you got it figured out though!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    so do you think this has to do w/ the merger or something? It seems like it's a blackberry browser issue?

I wonder if I get rid of my vendor files or whatever if somehow VZW is messing w/ the bb browser...??
    Last edited by MHutch30; 01-22-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12