Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FRom the facebook app/launcher, i select 'go to mobile site' and keep getting a "http ... General Blackberry forum

MHutch30 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it

Question Is anyone having problems w/ Facebook?

Advertisement

FRom the facebook app/launcher, i select 'go to mobile site' and keep getting a "http error400: the server could not understand the page request, or was unable to process it for some reason. please try loading a different page."

When I try to access it from my browser(www.facebook.com) it gives me the same error message.
    I have done a battery pull and it did not help.

Any suggestions? I am on verizon, 4.5.0.77, platform 3.8.5.32a on my 8330.

Thanks in advance, Stacks!

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Mine is fine...not sure

iKevin09 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302CC0D6
    Mine works perfectly normal.. Try clearing the cache in BB Browser?

I'm running OS 4.3.0.127 (203) and Platform: 3.1.0.73 for Sprint. It's Sprint's latest release.

Try navigating to "http://m.facebook.com" from your BB Browser, it might help.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In Facebook App: Menu, Options, Clear Cache. Hope that helps

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Thanks for all the suggestions so far, guys.

I have tried all of the above options and still no luck. It's "requesting" for like a second and a half, then stops and pops up the error message. It's killing me!
    I would uninstall it, but I can't access it again from the browser even to download it again.

sheesh....

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not having any problems either. Facebook is up. Are you having problems accessing other sites? Have you made any recent changes on your BB? Just checking the basics -
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    I can access all the other sites I normally do-just facebook is giving me fits! I don"t get it. The only thing I've done different is download a different theme, but it worked fine after that for a day. I did the *228 update for roamaing when I travelled to Key West this past weekend, and redid that when I came home.

I just don't get why it won't work from the doggone browser, either.

Hutch, Can you Google Facebook and get to a download site that way...for a try at a download. Don't uninstall, simple overlay if it'll let you do that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    J-

It started out great from a google link...then that pesky error 400 came up. It's just plain frustrating!

I appreciate everyone's help- I'm a facebook junkie

I've done a little reading on this in PS and it seems the solution most come to is to reload the OS on your device. It doesn't make sense to me but it sounds like an OS problem. I don't think it's the release (.77) - I ran that for a LONG time before I recently upgraded to .119 so I'd pick the release of your choice and go with that.

That's all I know to offer and I think it's what I'd do at this point - maybe someone else has a better idea.

Sorry because that's a little drastic. If you DO decide to do that and need help with the install post back and we'll help with that.

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    Holy crap- well, It can't hurt to try, I guess. I'll let ya know how it goes after I get home tonight.

Thanks for all the help J!

Quote Originally Posted by MHutch30 View Post
    Holy crap- well, It can't hurt to try, I guess. I'll let ya know how it goes after I get home tonight.

Thanks for all the help J!
    Yeah, I agree. In the mean time you can keep checking in this thread - maybe an expert (which I am NOT) will come up with an easier solution. Good luck.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Maybe try deleting your browser service book then resend. That may help....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    cnAsk4it
    how do I resend my service book? also- is it just the 'blackberry internet browsing service" from my list?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Different carriers label theirs differently, mine is just labeled "Internet Browser ICS" Then I log in to my BIS account either via the PC or via the email setup icon on the BB and click on service books/send service books

that was my 7,000th post
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast