Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The following study seems to be saying that yes, iPhones are more reliable: http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2008/11/...-blackberries/ It ... General Blackberry forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

iPhone more reliable than BlackBerry?!

Advertisement

The following study seems to be saying that yes, iPhones are more reliable:

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2008/11/...-blackberries/

It is not so simple, though. Apart for the inherent differences in user base attitude, there are specifics such as one mentioned by a corporate user: His company issues new model BlackBerries to high-level people, but waits out lower-level ones. But... everybody wants a brand-new BB, so what do they do? They get butterfingers and "drop" the old one!

Oooh -- it's broken

DataCentre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208759D5
    Looking at the charts, Treo is #1, BB is #2 and iPhone is #3. Don't see how it's better than BB. I use my BB more than my Touch as I find it painfully slow to type emails etc. I just use my Touch for Video and Music and games and apps. BB rocks!

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    i dont trust them
    i have friends with iphones, and almost when they are out of the box, they start to fail...the speaker, the screen, the slowness of the software...
    and those who have blackberries, the problems show up after doing an OS upgrade or installing stuff that are not for their specific phone.
    BB 8310, SanDisk 8Gb MicroSDHC, Pioneer HDJ1000 Headphones and really weird music

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    I used my cousin's iphone and it crapped out on me 3 times. I'm still waiting for mine to do that.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Ahh wait what I meant mine is my pearl

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by genodelick View Post
    i dont trust them
    i have friends with iphones, and almost when they are out of the box, they start to fail...the speaker, the screen, the slowness of the software...
    and those who have blackberries, the problems show up after doing an OS upgrade or installing stuff that are not for their specific phone.
    that is one of the biggest complaints with the Iphone is the battery gets old and wears out quickly and it cannot be replaced, i think the Iphone will be the cool new gadget for a while and then it will fade away....

i still haven't figured out why Treos arnt as popular as Iphone or BB they had touch screen before anyone else
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Having researched iPhones thoroughly, as well as owning the original, & now the iPhone 3G I see nothing to suggest they are more reliable than a BlackBerry. While the article you refer you appears to be credible, although the people who created it are not without their own motives & there is no additional supporting documentation. Much of what is being reported is based on user feedback, which in the Apple Community is known to be unusually biased in Apples favor. When one spends some time doing current research, the picture changes to one of signiciant problems surfacing with the current model. Anything short of an independent evaluation, will fail to produce an accurate result.

~via BB 8310(wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I've used a couple friends iPhones and let me tell you -- they are cool devices. However, they do not have the rock solid stability of a BB. They simply don't. Every time I play with one, I notice slowdowns and sometimes have to reset them.

Then again, if you install all sorts of 3rd party apps on your BB, you're bound to get one or two with memory leaks and therefore, reduce the BBs stability.

But from what I can tell, out of the box, the BB is more reliable than the iPhone. However, the largest stability killer by far is installing extra applications.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs87 View Post

i still haven't figured out why Treos arnt as popular as Iphone or BB they had touch screen before anyone else
    Give me a few months and I'll be able to answer that LOL I'm really close to moving to a Palm Centro or Treo Pro.

webcash no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2523669d
    I currently use both and so far i would say that both are very reliable.I think in some ways it is unfair to compare them as i personally believe that touch screens are in generally less reliable and more prone to damage.The Iphone screen by virtue of its size is bound to be more prone to damage but then i think that will also be the same for the storm when it is released.I do agree that the removable battery is one serious advantage that the blackberry has over the iphone.Only time will tell i guess.
    Home of the Berrygirls
    News chat and Berrygirls Galore

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Keep this in mind.......

If AT&T will NOT allow the Iphone to be covered under their phone repair and replacement plan even though they sell thousands of them, would you trust their reliability?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Give me a few months and I'll be able to answer that LOL I'm really close to moving to a Palm Centro or Treo Pro.

"Et tu, Brutus?"

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    What? Can't read that.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    "You, too... Erica?!"

(from "Julius Caesar" )

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Treo number 1 hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This must be a poll that throws a guess at which one they think is the best without ever using it. Working for at&t I saw all 3 come in with every problem in the book. BB's were by far the most reliable. the treo 750 we would sell in non working form. The customer would have to go download a patch to enable the mic on the phone. Your telling me thats a more reliable phone??? gimme a break.
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast