Hi everyone, I have a perplexing problem with my calendar and I cant seem to ... General Blackberry forum

skippy126 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Invite Attendee/Calendar/Email Issue

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I have a perplexing problem with my calendar and I cant seem to find anything relating to it on the forums already. I have an 8700c with 4.2 OS and my issue is with the invite attendee option. The past few days, I’ve been trying to create an appointment and add two of my friends as attendees (both have gmail email addresses). When I add one of my friends, the invite is emailed to him with no problem. When I try to invite my other friend, I’ll get an email back in my inbox (with a red X by it) that says that there is an invalid email address. I looked a little closer at the message and it appears that my calendar did not email him like it was supposed to, but rather in the “To” field, it added the current date and time I created the invite…so it looks like its trying to email a date/time rather than an email address. I’ve tried to reset my phone, resend service books, and send invites to other people to see if I get this problem. So far, nothing has seemed to help. I can send invites to anyone else without problems (including other gmail addresses), but for some reason I only get this error when trying to email/invite his particular email address. Any ideas/suggestions how to correct this? Thanks!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Invite Attendee/Calendar/Email Issue

Sorry no one has answered your post as I am a little puzzled by your problem also. Try backing your email addresses up to maybe your desktop or another safe place. Delete your email address from the source and then import or place them back to where you want them. There may be sometime type of corruption in your current file. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

skippy126 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Invite Attendee/Calendar/Email Issue

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried all of that and still had no luck. I'm about ready to just reinstall the OS...although I really wish I didn't have to do that. Any other suggestions before I reinstall? Thanks!