Morning all, almost friday So ma roommate has been eyeing ma phone for a while ... General Blackberry forum

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3

invalid sim card

Advertisement

Morning all, almost friday

So ma roommate has been eyeing ma phone for a while n yesterday she decided to hook herself up with a new(not refurbished or som') crimson 8310 from att- woo hoo!
    she was also given a new att sim card to replace her old white(ish) att sim card.
    When I inserted it inside her bb, it gave the 'invalid sim card' error message on both sim cards. Im 100% sure the sim card is sitting in its slot/space(?) As it should.
    I told her it would b better to a new sim card from att.
    So my Q, has someone experienced this b4? N wat was the cause n fix?
    P.s- she was in a hurry to leave for work, so I dint get to try her sim card on my phone.. But she just called me from work telling both sim cards r working on her old samsung phone!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    First thing I would do would be to take the BB and sim card to an att store. Let them check it out. Especially on a new BB.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thnx DCooksta,
    I agree.
    She's just frastrated, her 1st bb n it won't fire up.
    She works 12hr shifts so she might/might not get a chance to head over there after work today. Wondering if the bb is defective or som, n if there is a fix apart from getting a replacement so she could at least work on her add bk. Hard to figure out at this point.
    Anyone had this problem?

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    well her phone is refurbished so it can be her phone

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_stud View Post
    well her phone is refurbished so it can be her phone
    No its new, never opened b4 phone n not refurbished (Att's word). But yea, it could b the phone.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    This can be simple.. Is she putting in the sum card correctly? If so, and if she has tried her sim on another phone, then is not the sim. Try yours and see if it works. If not then I would take the BB and have it checked out. Here in Colombia when you buy a new phone at your service provider they test your phone out in front of you and make sure you don't have any problems.. I wish they did that everywhere. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Got it solved finally. She got a new sim card @ the store n now it works like a charm!..
    To mr_carter.. They do that here too. Its only that she bought it @ her service provider's website.
    Thnx.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm glad she had the problem solved. Good to know that they do that over there also. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~