Is it possible to access the internet through my bb7100 with a generic data plan? ... General Blackberry forum

pratz no está en línea Stack level 1

Question internet without blackberry data plan

Advertisement

Is it possible to access the internet through my bb7100 with a generic data plan?
    I heard that it is possible to do so with gmail and opera mini application now. also came across this link which is a tutorial for having internet without a BIS or BES. Does some one has any expereince in this matter. I remember till last year it was very clear that one cannot have internet access without a BB data plan. Any clues on this ?

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It is possible to do, I used to do that on my ol 8100. However this kills the idea of berry going through secure server and having push abillity. Might as well get something cheaper!

pratz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam View Post

It is possible to do, I used to do that on my ol 8100.
    Thanks for that. Were you getting internet through opera or just gmail for mobile or something. what customization you had to do?
    pratz

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

I had a regular opera that was set to go through wap and use http protocol rather then socket, this for most kills the ability to upload and download. So all you can do is browse and post, that's fairly it. At my time I did not use gmial, but rather a program that I forgot the name of, fairly simple and simply checks for mail on the time you set, every 30 min, hour and so on. Also I'm app im+ might work, used to, but I cannot verify that. I would suggest unlimited plan as the limited once will kill you, berry data as far as I remember travels compressed, so the data usages were far less. With regular you will burn up over 10 mbs with basic usage within 2 to 3 days, so I would not recommend it. Also a lot of providers don't allow the addition of this unless the registered device on their site is regular phone. Over all if in us, I would recommend using berry data, it is as cheap as dirt, compare to majority of canadian.opera has no support for advance scripts so you tube and such will not play. That's the basic outline. That is about it!

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I've heard that w/o a data plan. using the wifi still accessing internet, you get charged plan minutes?