Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you've got a 8130? well it should have wlan, so it should use it.. if ... General Blackberry forum

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: internet browsing on blackberry

Advertisement

you've got a 8130? well it should have wlan, so it should use it.. if you really want to be sure, go to options -> network -> set data to no.

That way you'll force it over wifi.. anyway, newer versions of applicatios (i.e. Jivetalk) now supports Wi-fi access. Hopefully you'll have connection options in each program.

You probably won't be able to use the browser (correct me if im wrong here), but there are options, opera mini

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

Thanks! I really am very new to all this.

Do you know if you have to have an Enterprise Account to push your e mails? Ive set up my account on line on my macbook but cant seem to do it on my device.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Thanks! I really am very new to all this.

Do you know if you have to have an Enterprise Account to push your e mails? Ive set up my account on line on my macbook but cant seem to do it on my device.
    Both Enterprise & BIS push your e-mails.

If you have Blackberry Internet Service go to the Email ICON on your BB desktop & a new users page will come up, scroll down and enter username & password.

Did you send your service books to your device?

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E

No I didnt, should I have?

tekgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tickangel View Post
    hey guys, me again.

thanx for your responses. the £15 on top of my original price plan was for the blackberry internet service (which i am now told only covers 6mb of email usage, not any internet browsing =(...) i was told that i have to pay an extra amount for surfing or browsing the internet. i love my BB, just didnt know it would burn a hole in my pocket..still a uni student here, lol.
    The Blackberry £15 a month tariff gives you 6MB of inclusive data a month. This doesn't include data accessed through the WAP access point, this information is chargeable at £2/MB. Any other data (including PIM, internet usage and email) will count towards the 6MB. Once you reach the 6MB fair usage limit you will be charged at £2/MB.

Hope this clears any confusion

Tekgirl
    Vodafone Uk

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    No I didnt, should I have?
    Yes, after you enter your email account details send your service books - these are sets of instructions for your BB.

zootzoot no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21C2B0BD

im on t-mobile uk but i'm having trouble finding an aim that works on it, i've tried jivetalk, nav4all amazegps so i've come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with either my tcp settings or maybe people in the uk just can't use them. is there anyone who can help me out?
    viigo and newsgator work fine so it cant be my apn / tcp settings
    Same sh*t different day!
    BOLD 9700

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Now that Tekgirl has responded on behalf of Vodafone UK, I would really like to hear from T-Mobile UK as well Anybody?! Johnny X, do you have colleagues in England?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12