Annoucing an international text messaging service for BlackBerry and Palm Treo devices - HandHeldSMS . ... General Blackberry forum

jlyon no está en línea Stack level 1

International SMS for any BlackBerry device

Advertisement

Annoucing an international text messaging service for BlackBerry and Palm Treo devices - HandHeldSMS . You will receive 10 free messages to evaluate the service.

HandHeldSMS is a service for users of smart mobile devices such as Blackberry or Palm Treo. It allows users to extend the use of their phone to send and receive text messages to any cell phone, anywhere in the World. We can deliver text messages to any mobile phone on the planet regardless of which telecom operator users are signed up with.

It is the only two-way international service that is 100% compatible with any handheld device. There is nothing to download, no software to install, no upfront or ongoing commitment required.

Best of all, users do not need to change their service provider. Many service providers, such as Sprint, Verizon, Telus, Alltel and others, do not have international SMS coverage. This limits Blackberry and Treo users to communicate with their colleagues or customers who live outside of USA or Canada. HandheldSMS solves this problem and lets you send and receive messages to and from any mobile phone on the Planet.

Messages cost just 12c or less on a pay as you go basis or there are 3 levels of subscription starting at only $14.95 per month.

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hmm, $14.95 is a bit much, no? But, I suppose it's unlimited for that price, or?

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yikes! I currently have a $7 SMS add on to my plan which allows for 1500 messages a mo. inbound messages are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    Hmm, $14.95 is a bit much, no? But, I suppose it's unlimited for that price, or?

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    has anybody tried it yet

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: International SMS for any BlackBerry device

I doubt it. The information seems 'limited'...

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    I doubt it. The information seems 'limited'...
    Hi navilyn

Thanks for your comments on the service. We've only just launched handheldsms dot com and would really welcome any feedback on how we can improve the service.

I'd welcome you to try it out and let us know what you think. You'll get 10 free credits but just let me know if you'd like anymore.

The service is truly international, allowing you to send and receive text messages to any phone anywhere in the World for only 12c per message or less. You do not need to subscribe, you can just buy 50 credits and use the service on a pay as you go basis.

Hope this helps!

regards

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Treo700
    Yikes! I currently have a $7 SMS add on to my plan which allows for 1500 messages a mo. inbound messages are free.
    Hi Treo

The key aspect of the service is the ability to send and receive sms internationally, to any network, in any country, to any phone. Messages cost just 12c or less dependant on volume. There's no need to subscribe.

Try it out if you like - handheldsms dot com, we give you 10 free credits.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Jonathan

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28

Wassup stackers...

So has anyone had the chance to try this service out? I am heading to the Philippines in less than a month and this seems as though it would be a great way to keep in touch with friends and family back here in the states while im gone. It might also help know while I am trying to finalize plans with cousins and friends in the Philippines now. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks
    IP
    ***RIP<3MD***

It's kind of an old thread, so I don't know if they're still in business or not - - but I pay $9.99 a month for unlimited text for four lines on a TMO family plan, so it seems to me they are a little expensive anyway

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)I gce DL and looks great site. Will use for outside my zone. But messy without having launch Icon. Also I have to keep signing back in. Any chance of a Pinstack type access off menu?~

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

This would be a great option for CMDA users that don't want to switch but... the prices are extremely high! $49.95 for 350 outgoing and 1500 incoming sms is outrageous in my mind. I would never pay that much for sms.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Does it also use data?