Wow.. this is the first thread I've ever started heard..Taking a deep breath here. My ... General Blackberry forum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Question International Service

Advertisement

Wow.. this is the first thread I've ever started heard..Taking a deep breath here.

My question or need for advice is about getting service in other countries, Iraq specifically. As some of you know, I slid out of the Curve and into my new ATT Bold. I have a close friend in the Army and our main form of communication is whenever he can call and internet chatting.
    I love my Bold for this because he can get in touch with me anywhere I am at. But I was wondering if I added my Curve as a second phone on my account and sent it to him, would it work? I can load instango on it and all the IM accounts that he has, but what about a dataplan? Is there a plan out there that would allow me to keep in contact with him through either BBM or another IM?

Any advice?Is it possible or should I even consider this?
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    you can call up At&t and they will let you know if they allow / provide data roaming services in iraq... its quite possible that they do, considering the US military presence there...

keep in mind though, even if you're using a messaging software, you will be using data, which will be charged as per the international roaming charges set by the ATT...

it may be much more cost effective if your buddy can find out if there's a carrier out there providing blackberry services...

if there is, you can send your friend your curve, and they can use it on local services much cheaper than you paying international roaming data charges...

hope that helps...
    i see RED...

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Kinda what I thought. Probably best to wait this out for a bit.

He had dedicated internet service but had to move locations and now it's gone. You take for granted the little perks like that. I was spoiled.

thanks Red.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service