I purchased my BB three weeks ago and have noticed that the time shown on ... General Blackberry forum

MIA-SAT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D92159

internal clock runs slow on BB

Advertisement

I purchased my BB three weeks ago and have noticed that the time shown on the BB gradually gets behind the time provided by the wireless provider. The 8700c today is showing a network time of 6:19 am while the BB itself shows 6:15 am. This slowing down has happened at least 10 times since I have purchased the device. While the process of synching the device to correct time is really not a problem, it takes about 2 seconds, I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this minor annoyance.

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

Re: internal clock runs slow on BB

My network doesn't provide the time service but my BB keeps time well. Maybe 30 seconds fast in 3 months. I have no idea why yrs would loose time like that.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Wow, now this is odd. Talking about things that make you go uuuummmmmm....

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Before OS 4.1, my BB didn't have an option to sync the clock with the network. However, I would still be able to see the network time.

My BB clock was always losing time.

You are not alone.

(Do you remove your battery often? I switch out my SIM almost daily for when I go biking. Although I would put the battery back on the BB immediately, even without the SIM, I'm sure that this constant "rebooting" is what caused the poor clock performance on my BB.)

MIA-SAT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D92159

The only thing that I probably do more than the average user is shut the BB off. I fly nearly every week, so I power down the device several times for flights. Also I do power down at night because the vibration noise of an arriving message or call can interrupt the process of getting sleep. (The counter top in the bathroom provides a good amount of noise when the BB is there being charged.) I have no explanation why this might cause the loss of time, but the frequent off and on that is part of my pattern of use is the only thing that I can think of that would separate my usage patterns from those of the average user. I do not remove the battery, however.

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't think the clock would slow down when you turn the unit off, but it does when you remove the battery. What I do is set the DM to synch the clock with my laptop everytime I synch because I always set my clock about 7 minutes ahead of network time.