I'm running DM v4.6.0.13. Sometime last week, my default calendar on my BB 8820 was ... General Blackberry forum

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Intellisync going nuts

Advertisement

I'm running DM v4.6.0.13. Sometime last week, my default calendar on my BB 8820 was changed and in a rush, I accepted the Intellisync warning and allowed it to add another 200+ entries to my BB. Now, I have almost every entry in two places on the BB.

Yesterday, Intellisync statred ignoring my cal sync altogether. It would only sync my address book, notes and tasks. Today, I renamed the Intellisync directory, reconfigured all four (Cal, tasks, addess book and notes) and thought that would fix it. Strangely, now it only syncs my notes. No warning, no errors, no pop-ups, nothing in the log acept memo/notes...

Any ideas how to reset the DM side? I can deal with the dups, but I want to get the sync back on track.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Sounds like it added entries onto both of your calendars, hence why it's showing duplicates. Easiest solution would be to restore from a recent backup, using selective restore of course. Posted this on another thread with similar issues, but it should help with yours.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Yes, I understand that and you're right, that's exactly what happened. As I said before, I can handle the dups, what I need help with is getting Intellisync to work again for Cal and Notes and Tasks...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    This may sound obvious, but under the sync options, all of the above items are still selected for sync, correct?

Ok, let's try this systematically. First, do a complete backup of the device so we have a restore point as it were. Next, in DM, clear the tasks, notes, and calendar databases. Once you've finished with that, try running doing a one-way sync and see if that works. If not, try synching each database individually to determine if it's one particular database causing the problem.

If neither of these offers a solution, I would probably remove the Intellisync files from the PC and re-install them to see if it's a corrupt file/database on the PC.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Thanks for trying to help!

Yes, all 4 were/are checked (simple thing, but that is sometimes it. Thanks for checking).

Interesting approach. I will try that for my Notes and Tasks, but not for my cal. I know I have cal entries in my BB that are not in Outlook and vice versa so I cannot use the same approach on the Cal.

As I mentioned previously, I already rename the Intellisync data folder. A new one was created for me, and still only one of the four categories will sync. Is there a way to uninstall/reinstall Intellisync alone, or do I have to do the whole DM?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Even if you could selectively install/uninstall intellisync, its probably better to go ahead and do a full DM uninstall if you go that route...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Agree with LaTuFu that I would simply do a fresh DM install. Do you normally do a one-way or two-way sync? Just curious as you said you had entries on one and not another. Didn't know if they were intentionally kept separate.
    How to upgrade your OS

Agreed. I was going to uninstall/reinstall DM, but thought I'd ask here for other ideas. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to do that, hoping that someone may think of something else.

I have always used two-way sync. Normally, I change/add a cal entry from whichever place is closer/easier and let Intellisync sync them. Up until now, that's worked for me...

Thank you both for your suggestions.