I have twice found that - purging the Blackberry of all emails - keeping the ... General Blackberry forum

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3

Integrated GMail stalls when there are many 1000's mails in GMail account??

Advertisement

I have twice found that

- purging the Blackberry of all emails
    - keeping the number of emails in my Gmail account in the low 1000's

both seem to keep the mail arriving on the BB instantly. I think maybe there's a timeout issue that creeps in esp when the BIS talks to a very large GMail account, and also the BB's database screws up every once in a while.

How many emails to people have stored in their BB's?

How many 1000's of messages (not conversations) do people have in their Gmail account(s)?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I have found that if I have thousands of messages in my Gmail inbox I have a problem like you mention. However, if I am diligent about sending them to the All Mail folder (by clicking Archive), this problem doesn't exist.

Basically, syncing thousands of messages can mess up the BIS Sync. I don't think it has much to do with how many messages are on the BB itself.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

I also have virtually all my mail out of the Gmail inbox (Archived). It still helped when I deleted/moved them to an archive only on my PC.

I agree the BB issue is a different one, but twice now corruption of the message database on the BB has caused intermittent mail reception problems. Of course the older/bigger the database, the more likely it's to be corrupted. RIM need a repair utility a bit like the OST/PST tools available from Microsoft for Outlook.

It's all a bit of a shame as I can't realy exploit Gmail's 7+GB email store much at all with a BB

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3
    How do you identify the bb mailbox db corruption?
    I see missing emails (from gmail) recently and nothing helps (the usualy service book resend etc).
    What did you do to "fix" the corruption?
    Tnx

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

A typical symptom seems to be mail appearing not to arrive on the BlackBerry.

To fix it, go into the advamced backup section of the DM and delete the message database off the BlackBerry. You will lose all the historical messages stored on your BlackBerry.

Thank you! I had around 2800 items in my Messages database, just wiped it per your recommendations. I'd love this problem to go away... been too long.

Thanks!
    Ix

So I guess wiping the msg base worked?

I just wiped it a few minutes ago ;-) I'll have to give it some time then we'll know. I surely hope so. In many cases I don't check my Google-Apps inbox via the web that frequently, and rely on the BB to fetch them all. It has been such a pain in the last few weeks realizing some messages has been sitting there for days without me knowing about it...

I also switched to BIS-Gmail over IMAP yesterday (I was hoping it is a BIS-Gmail-POP issue) so I hope one of the 2 changes will do the trick.

Thanks again.

If it doesn't, try getting most of GMail mail 'Archived' at Google (i.e. out of the Inbox)

I have around 100 or less in my inbox, the rest is always archived.