I didn't buy insurance for my Pearl, but that was fine because the thing performed ... General Blackberry forum

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Insurance for your BB? Worth it?

Advertisement

I didn't buy insurance for my Pearl, but that was fine because the thing performed perfectly for the 8 months I had it before I bought a Curve (and now the Pearl is sitting in a box waiting for someone else to love it).

I have purchased insurance for my Curve, but I was thinking maybe I don't need it. In general, is it worth it to have insurance? I have read internet articles that say it's a waste of money.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its worth it, trust me you will be sorry if you dont and something happens to it, I promise.

iLord is DEAD!

craig4524 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I worry a lot less with insurance. I'm outside and in harsh environments a lot. Cheap phones, no, Blackberries, YES!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Insurance generally isn't worth it...until you need it. I think statistics will prove that most people who buy it don't need it but, in the event you do, you're glad you have it. I buy it because I've been in a situation where I could use it and didn't have it. NOW that I have it, I'll probably never need it again.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ill second john with this one... Here's how I see it... If I had to replace my bold 6 months in, it'd cost me abt $500, with an insurance payment of $5 a month that's $30 plus a deductable of even $100 and the total cost for a replacement is $130... Still saving $370... Its just good to have it incase something goes wrong... In the event that nothing goes wrong for the entire year, you're ounly down by $60, which is chump change for peace of mind...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I bought it for my Storm, and will at about 6 months into my contract simply because I'm up for early upgades every year. With the less expensive devices I don't worry about it.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    ...........In the event that nothing goes wrong for the entire year, you're ounly down by $60, which is chump change for peace of mind...
    ...or $84 a year in my case, which isn't chump change but it's better than the $ it would set me back to replace it without the insurance. At least I can afford the insurance.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Good point, some people pay $7 a month... But even $84 plus a $100 deductable is less than a new storm, bold, or curve 8900, even the 8rxx curve is more than that retail...

And that's the only thing I need to consider when I say peace of mind...

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'd say get the insurance... I have a 8330 and a 9000 and I wouldn't be caught dead w/o insurance on them both. Keeps me from having to purchase a new one at full retail.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    We sell tons of it at work, well my reps do....7 bucks amonth then 150 deductable insted of 449 to 699.....tha's just what I would do....
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Okay, you have all convinced me that I am not wasting my $$! I'm paying $6 and have a $50 deductible. It's worth that just in peace of mind. Thanks, all.

supersauce no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    i buy insurance on every electronic device i buy... because when something happens then u feel like a sucker paying full cost instead of just paying for the deductible
    Super Sauce

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    With the amount of money I paid for my Bold.. it's totally worth it.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service