I recently bought a used 9650 Bold to replace an old 8830 WE. It worked ... General Blackberry forum

bbdialtone no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Insurance claim

Advertisement

I recently bought a used 9650 Bold to replace an old 8830 WE. It worked fine for a couple of days, but the speakerphone was a bit crackly. It got yanked out of my pocket when the headphone got caught on something and it bumped into the floor. Now the speakerphone is pretty much not working but everything else is just fine.

I have been paying for insurance on my phone service for many years. I've never made any claims. The Bold shows up on my insurance claim form, so it would seem that I would be able to file a claim. I'd have to pay a deductible and I guess that'd be OK. But, would it be easier to just get some replacement parts and try to fix it on my own?

If fixing it is pretty easy, then please suggest a place to get parts. I would also want to change the thumb slider button (whatever it's called).

Thanks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have bought a few parts in the past, someplace overseas and it took a long time to get here even though the price seens great. I'll see if I can locate some place in the states for parts I know they are out there. Are you referring to the trackball as the thumb slider button?

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nadda

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thank you for the reply. My 8830 had a trackball, but this 9650 has a flat spot, so I wasn't sure what to call it. It does the same thing as a ball, though.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    trackpad that's what my 9700 has I should have known duh, my wife has the 9650

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Looks like they have the trackpad for 13.99 and the speaker for 8-9 dollars not too bad on the pricing

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Yes, Trackpad, It's a new term for me and I just couldn't think of it. The link you provided sure has a lot of items. I found the oem trackpad not too expensive.

I'm having eye trouble and don't see the speaker. I tried "buzzer" and "speaker". What did you use?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I found both the speaker and the trackpad on this site: http://www.repairsuniverse.com/ Looks like they even send you repair instructions and free tools.

They're in NV.

Another alternative is overseas, but they have pretty much everything: www.cnn.cn They even have "how-to" videos to help you.

Sweet! Thanks for reccomending the site. It looks like it's not too difficult to pop them apart and replace these items. I'll try to open it first and make sure I can get to everything.

**edit: I opened it and looked at the speaker. The diaphragm looks like it has come loose around the edges in a few places. It measured 8 Ohms resistance. After reassembly, it resumed its crackly/intermittent sound. That was easy enough. :-)
    Last edited by bbdialtone; 07-25-2011 at 03:10 PM.