Hey everyone... I have the BB 8220 Flip. And just insalled the new DM v4.6. ... General Blackberry forum

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3

Installing Os Help!!! Please!!!!

Advertisement

Hey everyone...
    I have the BB 8220 Flip. And just insalled the new DM v4.6. Defintly a change from 4.5. My question is I went to go load a theme, and through App Loader, and it looks like it is installing the OS that I downloaded last night, that I have yet to install...my question is, can I still delete the vendor file? Or do I need to reinstall the old OS then delete the vendor file then reinstall the new OS? Someone please help!! MUCH THANKS!

Cheers!
    Shockaholick

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If it is currently installing do not delete anything during the process. Wait until it is done and start over.

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3
    well, it finished, and looks like everything is running smoothly....the new OS shows no signs of glitches or mishaps....sooo...i'm assuming its okay? what do you think?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go with it for a day or two sometimes even leaving the vendor things still work as they should but if you have issues remember what you did. Then re-install with out the vendor. Hopefully it just works and you wont have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shockaholick View Post
    well, it finished, and looks like everything is running smoothly....the new OS shows no signs of glitches or mishaps....sooo...i'm assuming its okay? what do you think?
    Yes, the new OS is OK. If vendor.xml was in place, your DM would have ignored the new OS, unless your device and your new OS are from the same service provider. But, once your Desktop Manager loads an OS, you're good.