How do I go about installing an application on my BB from my PC? I ... General Blackberry forum
Installing app from PC -> BB?
How do I go about installing an application on my BB from my PC? I downloaded a 'money manager' and need to get it on my BB.
The two files are an .ALX and a .COD file
Do I just drop these on the BB and it installs itself?
you have to start up desktop manager then the app loader then make sure that your blackberry is hooked up then you should come up with a list up apps that are on the device, at the top of the window click on add then will have to browse to find your app that you want to add. Then click on it and it will install.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
1. Connect your BB to your PC via the USB cable.
2. Open BB DM (Desktop Manager).
3. Click Application Loader.
4. Click Add near the top of the window.
5. Locate the .ALX file (both .ALX and .COD file need to be in the same place).
6. Select it and continue.
7. Now that you're back to the Application Loader screen, click next.
8. The loader will now install on your BB.
9. Once complete, your BB should restart, your program is now loaded!
..if you don't have the Desktop Manager, you can download it from your providers website.
one other question which I may solve myself in a second: where is the application? I loaded it on and the desktop manager said that it was loaded and installed but i cannot find it
going to restart BB and that may do it?
maybe it was just the application, money manager worked just like fiend said, but jabplite didnt do squat, thx guys!
A battery pull should solve your problem, the app should be on your Home screen.
Glad it works! In the future, anything you download on your computer to install on your BB (themes included) will install the same way. You can also download apps/themes etc. from your BB directly via OTA links (over the air) which will install automatically once downloaded.. no DM required.
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Tags for this Thread