I have BB users connected to BES. The desktop of some users is not local ... General Blackberry forum

NWM
    NWM no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Install Skinny Desktop Manager

Advertisement

I have BB users connected to BES. The desktop of some users is not local to the network, therefore there seems to be no need for Desktop Manager other than allowing the sync cable to charge the device.

Is there a way to NOT fully install Desktop Manager or to load certain files so that the device can still be charged via the sync cable?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

Re: Install Skinny Desktop Manager

I didn't think you needed to have Desktop Manager installed to charge the phone...try charging on a computer w/o DM. I know when I first got my blackberry pearl, I didn't have DM installed on my computer and I charged it that way the first time ever...lemme know if it works w/o DM

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Install Skinny Desktop Manager

A lot of PC's will power down a USB port if a driver for that device isn't installed.

If you just want to make sure that users can charge their BB's then you just need to locate the BB driver and install that. I think you could probably even find it if you search either here or on BlackberryForums.com (I know this topic has been covered several times over there).

NWM
    NWM no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Install Skinny Desktop Manager

Thanks Takeshi, it was posted previously by rubik5x5x5. It is a matter of including just the drivers.

http:\\ blackberryforums.pinstack.com/8802-charging_8703e_pc_without_software_install.html