On the new storm there is an option to set custom sms tones as well ... General Blackberry forum

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Individual SMS Tones

Advertisement

On the new storm there is an option to set custom sms tones as well as ringtones to users, any word on if they will release an OS for the curve to allow this feature?
    LMAO at bj wheeler and his ex daily!
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    On the new storm there is an option to set custom sms tones as well as ringtones to users, any word on if they will release an OS for the curve to allow this feature?
    If the curve and the storm have the same amount of memory (I haven't studied out these two BBs) then it is likely. Generally RIM releases new OSs to older compatible devices within a year or so . . . We never thought that there would be a 4.5 for the 8700 models, but they gave us one!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    YOU McLOVIN!!!!!
    you can totally set individual ring tones!!

All you need to do is set up another profile with the ring tone you want for that person or group of people.

(just in case... go to your profiles menu, it will have like loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, etc. etc. when you go to edit one of those it will contain the information that says what tones are used for your browser, calander, level 1 messages, your E-mails, messenger, phone, SMS txt, and tasks)
    so you either need to edit one of those profile settings you never use or make a new one and name it after that person or group of people (menu\edit or menu\new profile) Enter in what tones you want used for that person\group of people and the save it.

next make a new exception (menu\new exception) when you make the exception name it after the person you are making it for then select that person as the from contact. Then you have the option of what profile to use, choose the one you just created, and set a custom ring tone for phone calls there (or if left blank it will use the phone tone you set up in your profile) save that and your all set.

it will now use that exception for when that person calls you or TXT's you or E-mails you (does not work for the blackberry messenger as that is not run through your phone book)
    also be aware if you already have an exception set up for that person delete it as the phone will use the first exception it can find for the person trying to cantact you. this worked for me and hopefully will help you. let me know if you need any help with this. It's pretty cool but to do alot of people this way it will take up time so start with a couple at first and work from there. anyway hope this helped.
    -Luciferseamus
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Yes lucifer, i know about that way but on the Storm you can set individual sms and ringtones when you add a person to your address book, without all the profile/exception setups. That would be a long list of exceptions profiles haha
    LMAO at bj wheeler and his ex daily!
    twitter

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    ok I saw 8320 in your profile so I thought it may apply
    :-)
    hope you find your answer
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'm guessing that this might be an OS4.7 feature so I'm sure it'll happen for the curve/bold soon enough.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~