First off, sorry if this is in the wrong thread. It has to do with ... General Blackberry forum

just looking no está en línea Stack level 1

Importing from Palm

Advertisement

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong thread. It has to do with both a Pearl and a Curve so I wasn't sure where to put it. Anyway, here goes...

I just bought my wife a Pearl and myself a Curve (sweet). My wife and I were both long time Palm users and have finally decided to make the leap over to Blackberries.

I used the Switch Device Wizard to import our data into the 'Berries, however I have encountered a few problems:

1. Only current and future records are showing up in the calendar. In the Palm Desktop it shows the "itellisync" tag on the old entries too, so I know they're being converted. They're not showing up in the Curve or the Pearl though. Any idea how to display them?

2. The Curve shows I have 0 entries in my calendar after importing many entries. I have read other posts and see that this is a problem for synching with Outlook, but it is also happening with the importing of Palm data.

I have another question too... My Curve will not let me change my Home Page in the web browser. In the options it shows the page but I cannot change it. Has anyone encountered this and how do you change it?

One last thing... in the manual for both the Pearl (page 160) and the Curve (page 178) it says that you can set how long the device stores calendar entries. However, once I get into the options menu in the calendar application there is no "keep appointments" feild. I think if I could adjust this field it may solve problem number 1 noted above.

Thanks for you help (in advance). By the way, theses forums are great, especially for someone, like me, who is new to the Blackberry world. Many thanks.

(no longer) Just Looking

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

cheis no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Importing from Palm

why not make this first import to outlook and then from outlook to the berrys

just looking no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Importing from Palm

I would have but I didn't have Outlook at the time.

Once I got Outlook I synced my Curve hoping that, since the old records have the Intelisync memo attached to them now (meaning that they have been converted by BB Desktop import wizard) that they'd show up... No luck.

Ultimately, I could not figure out how to get the old records in so I am simply re-entering them. Terrible process but... I've purged all of the useless info so there is considerably less to do. Still lots, but less.