In profiles, there is a part where it refers to Important Calls -- something like ... General Blackberry forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Question Important calls

Advertisement

In profiles, there is a part where it refers to Important Calls -- something like apply settings to important calls. What are Important Calls -- is this something you set, and if so, how do you do it? Thanks.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Important calls

Important Calls is an Exception for your profiles. When you add a custom ringtone to someone in your address book it creates a new exception, so it will use that particular ringtone for that person instead of your phone tune. What I use "important calls" for is everyone in my address book who doesn't have a custom ringtone. This way if someone from my address book calls it will play one ringtone, but if someone from a blocked number or a number not in my address book calls, it plays another. Thats what I use it for, do your own thing. Go to profiles, advanced, click the menu button on "important calls", and choose edit. You can add anyone from your address book there and give them their own ringtone.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I have a pearl but it should be the same for anything with the Impotant Calls setting

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    In profiles, there is a part where it refers to Important Calls -- something like apply settings to important calls. What are Important Calls -- is this something you set, and if so, how do you do it? Thanks.
    Justyn's response is excellent. In addition to the reason for Important Calls he stated, you can also set it to allow the phone to ring when certain people call when you have it on quiet or vibrate. Say for example, you are in a meeting that your supervisor is not attending. You set your profile to "Quiet", so if anybody calls it won't ring. The "Exception" allows a call from your supervisor to ring your phone even though no one else can.

There are two ways to create Exceptions. One is choosing "New Exception" from the Profiles menu; and a second way (my favorite) is to assign a ringtone to an individual address book entry, then it shows up as an exception on the Profiles screen.