I have 2 accounts pushed to my blackberry; a gmail and my outlook from work. ... General Blackberry forum
IMAP Idle and Outlook
I have 2 accounts pushed to my blackberry; a gmail and my outlook from work. Gmail has always worked immediately, but the outlook has been 15 minutes behind. I saw an article that IMAP Idle now lets should make that instant. How do I reconfigure that email acct so that it will take advantage of this new feature?
Some are reporting that IMAP Idle is not functioning on AT&T. However my gmail and google hosted accounts configured IMAP on VZW are working with push email.
To setup IMAP:
- login into your carrier's BIS
- click Add Account, type the email address in the first field but leave the password fields blank, and click Next
- select I will enter the account info and click Next
- select work account and click Next
- select I will enter the info under POP/IMAP, click Next
- on the final screen, enter email address, password, your server's IMAP name and click OK
Tags for this Thread