I noticed two things over the weekends, and I don't know if I accidentally did ... General Blackberry forum

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

Question I'm such a noob I need help!

Advertisement

I noticed two things over the weekends, and I don't know if I accidentally did something wrong while my 8830 was in my pocket (aside from calling random friends through speed dial, lol) because now my e-mail seems to be coming slower than usual. Last week, I would get the alert on my cell phone about 5-10 seconds before my Google Chat would notify me of any new e-mail. Also, last week the vibration was a lot stronger than it is now. I can't even feel it now when it's in my pocket, and when it's on my desk, it doesn't rock the whole thing and make a loud noise. Is there a way to change my vibrate setting back to normal?

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: I'm such a noob I need help!

Click on the profiles icon (looks like a megaphone), scroll down to advanced, scroll to whatever profile you want to change around, hit menu, and then edit. You'll be able to change everything from there.

Also, for a quick fix when putting your phone in your pocket:

You can hold the mute button for 3 seconds (top of your phone) and it will lock the keyboard. To unlock it, all you have to do is press the mute button.

I went to the profiles options but I don't see how to change the vibrate to strong. Sorry.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

All you have to do is scroll down to edit, and then click on whatever alert you want to change (i.e. messages - e-mail), click the volume and change it to high.

But I'm not talking about the volume, I'm talking about the vibration strength. It only shows the option of how many vibrations before the ring, and no vibration strength.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

A bit of advice if I may. Don't carry the BB in your pocket. It picks up dirt and lint around the trackball and may cause it not to scroll properly.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

there is no option for changing the vibrate strength, not sure what happened for it to be weaker.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

I turned it to OFF during a movie, and ever since then it's been really weak.

Maybe I should bring it into the Sprint store to have them take a look... thanks everyone for the help. Eww... lint.