This is an article about the future of advertising on cell phones. At first thought, ... General Blackberry forum

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm not sure how I feel about this

Advertisement

This is an article about the future of advertising on cell phones. At first thought, I thought, well cool. But after thinking a bit more, I'm not sure. Does it mean I will have to check the phone at 7:00 while having dinner, like for some telemarketer. Whatcha y'll think?

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/bus...B?OpenDocument

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this

I am ok with the idea as long as cell phone companies allow each person to opt in or out in regards to the advertisements. I don't want to receive advertisements on my phone everyday. But, maybe if I were taking a vacation or something, an advertisement for a discounted cab fare or something along those lines, something I wouldn't necessarily be familiar with, I would be ok with that.

I don't want to get them just because I am around town on a normal weekend and receive an ad just because. I would like to be able to opt in or out as I see fit.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Eldeano no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    I am ok with the idea as long as cell phone companies allow each person to opt in or out in regards to the advertisements. I don't want to receive advertisements on my phone everyday. But, maybe if I were taking a vacation or something, an advertisement for a discounted cab fare or something along those lines, something I wouldn't necessarily be familiar with, I would be ok with that.

I don't want to get them just because I am around town on a normal weekend and receive an ad just because. I would like to be able to opt in or out as I see fit.
    I definitely agree with your line of thinking KalebsDad!

fercholizo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: I'm not sure how I feel about this

Does anyone know how to get the browser that comes with the Pearl (the original one)?. I have miniopera but it doesnt seem to work when I try to download via OTA. Any suggestions?
    ESE ES MI CAMINO DEL NINJA

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Fecholizo, I don't know the answer to your question but you may try posting your question in a more appropriate forum. You may get a faster response.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

dmnall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D25C9

I prefer to not have ads displayed on my phone... If they want to do that, they should at least ask customers if they want it otherwise NO..

Charlie

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No way! It's bad enough advertisers are on my TV, Radio and landline phone trying to get in my pocket I definately don't need them actually in my pocket.

eversi0n no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by carmover View Post

No way! It's bad enough advertisers are on my TV, Radio and landline phone trying to get in my pocket I definately don't need them actually in my pocket.
    I totally agree.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

NO NO NO!!! Not just NO but **** NO! I pay for the minutes, data, and messaging for this phone. If someone wants to send me BS I am very capable of looking up myself, they can take it off my monthly bill! If this does happen without some type of reimbursement I will ditch any carrier that does it, even if it means not having a cell phone. This was not in my terms of service, period. I get enough SPAM in email, same thing! Okay, done with my rant now. LOL.