Recently I've been using BlackBerry messenger wuite a bit. And just in the last couple ... General Blackberry forum

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

IM icon on home screen won't go away

Advertisement

Recently I've been using BlackBerry messenger wuite a bit. And just in the last couple days I noticed that the "IM" notification icon on the home screen won't go away. I only have one BlackBerry messenger person that I chat with, but I even "end conversation" afterwards and the icon is still there. Only fix so far is to restart the device.

Any ideas on what might have changed? This is more similar to a Windows type problem than a BlackBerry problem (this is a joke, I'm not blaming windows, just comeparing the odd type of situation).

Thanks for your advice.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: IM icon on home screen won't go away

Did you check to see if you have any pending buddy requests? Are you sure it's a BB Messenger icon?

Most (not all) Home Screen status indicator icons are listed on page 19 of the Getting Started Guide. One I know is missing is the Service Book notification.
    JerryD

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well since I don't see and pending requests I can only assume something odd is happening. I do have IM+, but it's never open when I see this error. Usually it will happen while I'm chatting on BlackBerry messenger and when I get a new message it changes to "2IM" and then switches back to"1IM". I think that's another reason I think something is up with BlackBerry messenger.

somerandomguy no está en línea Stack level 1

I'd recommend performing an appload (using the desktop manager). It sounds like a possible corrupt database, and an appload should take care of wiping any errors and extra indicators.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

had that problem batt pull fixed it never came back!

mers115 no está en línea Stack level 1

i have the same problem...did you figure out how to make this go away????

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Well since I don't see and pending requests I can only assume something odd is happening. I do have IM+, but it's never open when I see this error. Usually it will happen while I'm chatting on BlackBerry messenger and when I get a new message it changes to "2IM" and then switches back to"1IM". I think that's another reason I think something is up with BlackBerry messenger.