Im on sprit (8130) and it just hit me wimax is coming has anyone heard ... General Blackberry forum

bladeberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318b6284

Im Going Crazy!!!

Advertisement

Im on sprit (8130) and it just hit me wimax is coming has anyone heard wimax blackberry roumers or anything i need to know lol I think wimax bb would be the sh___ what do you guys think

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    I herd about wimax, but not on a bb. However I agree that it would be really cool to have a bb with one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Wimax? Never heard of it.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

PIN/ID
    318b6284
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Wimax? Never heard of it.
    wimax is sprints answer to 4g technology it will not just be phone but like wifi theats on everywherwe like having wifi antannas that strech 30 miles so said and 100 megbit transfer s o imagin you have the wimax stereo in your dashboard lets just start there but a wimax black berry would have to be the penacle

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeberry View Post
    wimax is sprints answer to 4g technology it will not just be phone but like wifi theats on everywherwe
    WiMax is already up and running in Pakistan. Sprint would have us believe they created it but they did not.

802.16 is the designation for WiMax. It's been around for a few years now and (just my opinion) I don't see it prevailing here in the USA, anytime soon. First you have to have the infastructure, then a company much stronger than Sprint behind it, in the cellular space. So to keep a very long story short, it's something that gets attention when it's talked about because it's so much faster than 802.11b, but after all just being faster is not enough. We have had faster WiFi than 802.11b for years and it has not caught on for a wide variety of reasons. That said, Sprint has signed on with XOHM to provide some location based services. However this service is very risky as you have no privacy.
    Last edited by archer6; 08-31-2008 at 06:39 PM.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    It'll be interesting to see what happens!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dours no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was checking out Nokia phones earlier this week and came across the Nokia N95 WiMax Tablet.

I never took Nokia seriously, but after checking out their phones, I may just jump ship to them when my Pearl gives out. Though I'm pretty sure I'd have to leave T-Mo also.

Quote Originally Posted by dours View Post
    Nokia N95 WiMax Tablet. after checking out their phones, I may just jump ship Though I'm pretty sure I'd have to leave T-Mo also.
    -
    Why are you consering this? Perhaps I could provide some info. I have several new unlocked Nokia models. I use one on T-Mobile & two on AT&T.

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    WiMax is already up and running in Pakistan. Sprint would have us believe they created it but they did not.

802.16 is the designation for WiMax. It's been around for a few years now and (just my opinion) I don't see it prevailing here in the USA, anytime soon. First you have to have the infastructure, then a company much stronger than Sprint behind it, in the cellular space. So to keep a very long story short, it's something that gets attention when it's talked about because it's so much faster than 802.11b, but after all just being faster is not enough. We have had faster WiFi than 802.11b for years and it has not caught on for a wide variety of reasons. That said, Sprint has signed on with XOHM to provide some location based services. However this service is very risky as you have no privacy.

Sprint never said that they created WiMax. 802.16 is the standard for it. Sprint decided that WiMax was the way they wanted to go in the future. As far as Xohm, it is a brand created by Sprint expressly for WiMax. Sprint recently completed a merger with Clearwire to jointly buildout a nationwde WiMax network.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    Sprint decided that WiMax was the way they wanted to go in the future. As far as Xohm, it is a brand created by Sprint expressly for WiMax. Sprint recently completed a merger with Clearwire .
    -
    I agree with you. Sprints alliance with Clearwire while cloaked in the language "merger" was a bailout move to keep Sprint alive. The challenge Sprint faces is the substantial & continual loss of customers each month. You are correct about XOHM being an original idea from Sprint, until they ran out of money, thus Sprint is no longer sole owner. In Sprints favor & to their credit they leveraged the free press coverage a few days ago when the XOHM announcement was made Sprint was successful in attaching their name to it. Thus if XOHM can get past the publics concern about the well known privacy risks, then Sprint will stay alive. I'm hoping that's the case as Sprint is another choice for people who cannot afford a premier service provider. Discounted rates benefit Sprint as they attract low price buyers, and they benefit the budget customer. So its a win/win deal. I'm voting for underdog Sprint to survive. They started out as a great company, but lost their way. Maybe it's not too late. Time will tell. Thanks for expanding on the topic.

sent via BlackBerry

PIN/ID
    318b6284
    i think most have the wrong idea cellphones are gonna be there im sure but it boils down to having high speed interned like wifi but noooo1 its mobile so if you have a wimax stereo in your car you have the full internet with you
    cant remember if the rim thing fell threw rim is was or maybe on the boat via intel handshake motorola nokia have devices on the way samsung sanyo and im sure of alot more sprint and another co clearwire are together on this one with alot of help

PIN/ID
    318b6284
    can sumone merge this

I definately have heard the wimax of sprint rolling out next month is a little unique but if it works if will be great we will enjoy the beanfits and it my save my favorite phone co intel is using sum of rims battery saving tech for sum of itss devices too!