If the title of this thread doesn't make you feel guilty, I don't know what ... General Blackberry forum

4ntimatter no está en línea Stack level 2

I'll die If I don't get help!!!

Advertisement

If the title of this thread doesn't make you feel guilty, I don't know what will. lol My themes are gone completely and now even ones that worked before won't work. how do I know for sure if I have plasmic theme reader installed on the phone? Before about 50% of themes worked and 50% didn't work. I keep getting the msg "no additional applications designed for your device were found" when I try to add. Before this happened I removed all my themes. could I have accidentally removed something I shouldn't? Can anyone help please???
    Last edited by 4ntimatter; 11-03-2007 at 07:13 AM.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: I'll die If I don't get help!!!

To see if you have the Plazmic Theme Reader, go to (Settings/Tools -->) Options --> Advanced Options --> Applications. Click the Menu button and select Modules. You should have a module named com_plazmic_themereader. If you don't, simply reload your device's OS.
    JerryD

Thanks a million jdellasala. No I can't see it in my advanced applications menu. So I've been trying to find the download for ages, and all I get is the theme builder. Can any of you guys help me please!!! Thanks again.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Theme reader is now included in the OS. It doesn't show up in the Applications list but you have to go open the Menu when in Options/Advanced Options/Applications. Once the menu is open scroll to the Modules command and select it.

If it is not listed as com_plazmic_themereader_4.2.xx.xx(x) where xx.xx(x) match your core applications version, then you need to Download your Handheld OS from your carriers RIM Download site, not the Plazmic CDK Download. Then install the download on your PC and connect to Desktop Manager, continue the reload process.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Download and install Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English)here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Find your provider's Download site here:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

Run Desktop Manager and plug in your device. If it doesn't offer to update your device automatically, double click on Application Loader and follow the wizard.
    JerryD

Thanks again Rcbjr, and jdellasala. You gave me great help when I was first here Rcbjr and you continue to do so. Yeah Rcbjr, The plasmic theme reader is listed in the Blackberry 4.2 core application properties. So should I still download the two links from jdellasala? Or what should I do next?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, It can't hurt and I'm thinking it might just help. You're not on a BES by chance are you?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Sorry RC i'm not sure what a BES is mate?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Blackberry Enterprise Server. As opposed to Blackberry Internet Service. You just answered my question though, so it doesn't matter. I'd go ahead and try the OS reload.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks it's installed, so I'm just doing the system restart to get it started. back soon thanks again Rc

It doesn't seem to have made a difference.

What I done was reinstall the desktop blackberry manager.
    I'm not sure how to reinstall the actual software on the Blackberry, so if anyone can tell me how i'd be so grateful. All I have is those 2 brutal themes that come pre loaded on the BB.
    Thanks again guys

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Download the OS file to you PC, then double click on it in windows explorer. Then you might want to go to the C:/Program files/common files/Research in motion/app loader folder and delete the vendor.xml file. Now connect your BB to the PC and open your Desktop manager. It may say there are upgrades available. If so accept the install now optionm. Then try to add the alx file.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~