I know this has been done all over the site, but I want a more ... General Blackberry forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

If you know what you are talking about, post here.

Advertisement

I know this has been done all over the site, but I want a more up to date, and very knowledgeable base... and no bias really.

Compare IPhone to Blackberry in general.

And IPhone to Blackberry Curve (TMO 8320 coming out).

I just want some people who know what they are talking to.

Also, what experience do you have with each device?

luckyducky no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    l

Re: If you know what you are talking about, post here.

3 THINGS IN MY OPINION-

1) Iphone cant compete with the BB Messenger service

2) If your a typer its a pain in the a**

3) The music thing is great on iphone but we can already get 6gb micro cards for our bb's and it will keep rising.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Well, i dont know if i wont be bias but i'll try my best not to.

Blackberry is geared towards its business and leisure side. Entertainment, newer berrys are capable of cool stuffs such as Camera, video playback and ability to listen to music.

From my readings, Apple's Iphone on the other hand pretty much wants it as a "status symbol that they can use daily for calls and make them happy" (http://blogs.chron.com/jkonthephone/...get_marke.html)

I believe tha RIM is a more flexible device when your on-the-go type of person. i.e. push services, BB messenger that i believe is an awesome feature since most companies issue their employees their own BB and it is an easier way to communicate. With my business as an example, i have my consultant and other clients chat through BB Messenger service.

I personally havent played with Iphone but its really hard to type on the touchscreen keys. I am very comfortable with my blackberry and what it can offer. Youtube thing isnt really needed to make me happy. All i want is a phone that if you drop it, it would still be ok, something that can get my emails and pretty much has some sort of stability when it comes to service and operating system. I am not saying that iphone isnt since i havent tried it long enough.

Price wise? Iphone cut their prices 200 bucks. Thats all i guess.

This is just my opinion and hope not to be bashed by iphone fans. I really have no grounds to bash the iphone since i havent tried the phone long enough to figure out its flaws. Both has flaws but in order to for a device to be successful, i think user friendliness and stability is a major issue.

PIN/ID

Yeah I agree with both. The main thing that attracts me is the browser for Iphone works.

I also like the BB messenger and push email. Even though I rarely use either, I will more when I get the tmo curve.

I think if I ever get the iphone, which is probably never, I will get one that isn't first gen.

I like the BB more, obviously. I just wanna hear a lot of sophisticated and concise opinions... Especially before I make my decisions in which I like more.

Keep them coming. :]

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

[quote=BamaFan2989]
    I also like the BB messenger and push email. Even though I rarely use either, I will more when I get the tmo curve.

quote]

I agree, i cant wait for the curve too from tmobile.

PIN/ID

Yeah. A lot of people complain about the gold, but a tmo rep told me they liked the gold, and the pics don't do them justice...

The wifi sold me for the curve. Plus the pearl is just getting old to me... Something new is always nice, even though the pearl is a great device.