I've noticed recently when i reset my BB [curve 8320] battery pull, ctr, alt del, ... General Blackberry forum

TheRemnant no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Icons mysteriously rearrange themselves...

Advertisement

I've noticed recently when i reset my BB [curve 8320] battery pull, ctr, alt del, the icons all reset themselves when it boots back up. Everything is rearranged, what was previously hidden is now visible and the folders i created are now gone. I called Tmobile and they instructed me to reinstall the OS. I guess they can see I'm running a 4.5 version. But i can't seem to find anyone else having this similar problem. So I don't think its OS related.

Any ideas???

Thanks.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    i have read that before here on the STACKS! it is an OS bug. Hopefully it will be fixed on the next release.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have seen several posts from 4.5 users saying they have this exact same issue.....so I believe it is OS related. I don't recall which specific version this bug was associated with, but if you read through the 4.5 threads you will see this mentioned.(The threads are very long....it's a lot of reading )

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    It is related to the beta OS. It can be related to the theme as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SanaTizer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e3b2f
    That happens with some themes that are not 4.5 ready, such as the Today Plus Theme. I love the theme, but everytime I reset it does not keep the icons where they were put. Frustrating of course, so I just unlocked the Tmob theme and all is well for now.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ when I change my themes or backgrounds sometimes I have my apps moved around. No idea why it does it, but it doesn't bother me that much...

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Yea this has only happened to with with 4.5 Beta. I just hope it's not on any of the 4.5 releases. Can anyone confirm this?

TheRemnant no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanaTizer View Post
    That happens with some themes that are not 4.5 ready, such as the Today Plus Theme. I love the theme, but everytime I reset it does not keep the icons where they were put. Frustrating of course, so I just unlocked the Tmob theme and all is well for now.
    Huh, yea, i've been using the today Plus theme. Never thought a theme could have that much control over the phone. hopefully RIM will tweek this theme when 4.5 is officially released so we can continue to use it without the icon drama.
    thanks.

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    you'll also notice on today+ that the docs2go icon is lost on 4.5beta.