>>A recent article from the Toronto Star, "the ICE idea", is catching>>on and it is ... General Blackberry forum

tigger no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3010cc29

ICE

Advertisement

>>A recent article from the Toronto Star, "the ICE idea", is catching>>on and it is a very simple, yet important method of contact for you or a>>loved one in case of an emergency. As cell phones are carried by the>>majority of the population, all you need to do is program the number of a>>contact person or persons and store the name as "ICE".>>>>The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when they went>>to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones withpatients,>>but they>>>>didn't know which numbers to call. He therefore thought that it>>would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name to file>>"next of kin">>Following a disaster in London . The East Anglican Ambulance Service>>has launched a national "In case of Emergency (ICE)" campaign. The ideais>>that you store the word "ICE " in your mobile phone address book, andwith>>it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case>>of>>Emergency ". In an emergency situation, Emergency Services personnel and>>hospital staff would then be able to quickly contact your next of kin, by>>simply dialing the number programmed under "ICE".>>>>Please forward this to everybody in your address book. It won't take>>too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this. It reallycould>>save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one>>contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc.>>>>A great idea that will make a difference!>>>>

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: ICE

That is a really great Idea. Im so glad you posted that for us.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Wanted to bump this back up. I think this is a great idea that has the potential to save lives. And it is not just for Blackberrys. So tell all your friends with cellular devices.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Good information, I just updated my contacts with my four ICE numbers, thanks a bunch for the info!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thats a great Idea....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I put MOM nextto my Mom's name so I guess that's good enough heheh.. But, thanks... I will use ICE from now on.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    I put MOM nextto my Mom's name so I guess that's good enough heheh.. But, thanks... I will use ICE from now on.
    As long as a vice cop doesn't get ahold of your phone and think it's your local drug dealer.

icegrill no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415259c

ok i hope i don't get all these calls at all hours of the night

that's a great idea nevertheless...
    holla atcha boy