I would love it if I could use my blackberry for orb. Having the ability ... General Blackberry forum

ivwshane no está en línea Stack level 2

I would love a bb with streaming video support

Advertisement

I would love it if I could use my blackberry for orb. Having the ability to stream video to my bb would allow me to eliminate my blackjack completely.

Of course having flash support would be nice but since no other phone has support for that I'd be happy just being able to play video from remote sources.

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Re: I would love a bb with streaming video support

try www.blurpple.mobi My 8830 on sprint will only stream the sound. But some carriers do allow you to stream the vedio. Streaming Video I belive is being blocked by the carriers. Also I have read that their are some 3rd party softwate that will let you play streaming Vids.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~all I need is youtube and I would be alright

fkirk89 no está en línea Stack level 1

do you mean blueapple.mobi?

ivwshane no está en línea Stack level 2

Streaming video from different websites would be nice but I'm specifically talking about orb and similar products. The main reason I'd want that ability is so that I can stream live tv to my phone.

My carrier, at&t does not block any ports (streaming video works on other phones I have, like the blackjack).

And before anyone says that a 3g phone would be needed, let me just say that when I had my nokia 6620 (edge class 6) it did live video just fine so a class 10 edge device like the blackberry and at&t's recently improved edge speed would be no problem.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

I spoke with BB support (actual Blackberry) recently and asked about streaming video on ANY of the phones that are in the works - they indicate that they have no plans for it at all. I too would love to have video streaming on my BB and, if they came out with it, I would buy one that day! I love BB but there are a few things like that that are lacking - right now, it's my understanding that even if the provider allows it you can't do it with a BB.
    Later,
    jb

azmoto no está en línea Stack level 2

Didnt CNN used to to work? I used to be able to stream their video to my 8830 vzw, now it is all changed.

Not that I know of... I would LOVE to be able to stream video podcasts on my phone. I do a lot of them on my P-C. Let me know if you hear anything - I could be wrong but I don't know of any BB that streams video and the folks at BB support have sort of indicated that there's nothing in the works for it.

I CAN download and play a recorded video file from my P-C on my Pearl but not stream from the internet.

Later,
    jb

ptrtwitch no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BF543B

Quote Originally Posted by azmoto View Post
    Didnt CNN used to to work? I used to be able to stream their video to my 8830 vzw, now it is all changed.
    the only way I've been able to stream vids on my 8830(vzw) is connected to my laptop while the vid is running and then disconnecting it. It's wierd! The only problem is that it will stop almost at the end
    a connection failure thing comes up.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you get a video file converter you can convert saved files tos format that you're BB can play. Search for it in the stacks. If you can't find one send me an email and I'll get one to you tomorrow. I'm away from my p-c right now but I have one that looks easy to use. All you do is concert the file to the format you want and load it w/ desktop mgr: media mgr or whatever it's called. I'll get you instructions too.
    Jb

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i heard there will be streamin on the new o.s software

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~drdoom, I hope you're right. Times change so we'll see how it goes - thanks for the input. Jb

Doral no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C79COF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~videos4blackberry.info provides some of the most popular tv shows, CSI for example, ready to download to your blackberry via your Pc. It is ofcourse not streaming video but the best video source I've found. Files are usually avaiilable the day after they are broadcast. I have been able to download the whole series (so far) for some of the shows I otherwise don't watch and view them at my leisure, check it out.