I was trying to fix my 8300, i was getting there wierd email message, I ... General Blackberry forum

gordo8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405C793

I think i killed my 8300

Advertisement

I was trying to fix my 8300, i was getting there wierd email message, I tried to modify my setting, and it ahs all gone down hill from there

I tbink i have killed my 8300. it shows a circle with a line through it ( like this is not good) inside the circle is a little picture with a circle square and triange. and the numbers 507 underneath it, I am not sure what to do now. Help me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

gordo

Re: I think i killed my 8300

Quote Originally Posted by gordo8 View Post
    I was trying to fix my 8300, i was getting there wierd email message, I tried to modify my setting, and it ahs all gone down hill from there

I tbink i have killed my 8300. it shows a circle with a line through it ( like this is not good) inside the circle is a little picture with a circle square and triange. and the numbers 507 underneath it, I am not sure what to do now. Help me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

gordo
    Go here:

Guide to: Device Error 505 or Device Error 507

Hayden gives us a succinct cure for the 507 blues. You ain't alone, my friend!

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

i've killed my 8830 a couple times and brought it back to life each time (not easy, and had to repeat procedures several times to do it). The key, however, is that you needed to make a recent backup. If so, download a new OS for your 8300, install it, and then connect your BB and start up desktop manager, and install the new OS. once that's done, do a restore from a previous update.

if your desktop manager is not even recognizing that the device is connected, here's a link that might help you:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

using the above linked procedures, i've gone from having a bb that would not even turn on or be recognized as connected by desktop manager, to eventually getting the pin to show up on the desktop manager, then eventually the error codes you describe, and then finally repeating the process until a new OS shows up. then I did a restore from a previous backup, and that was that. i lost all my 3rd party apps, but downloading new ones is certainly no big deal

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Yep, just follow the suggestions above and you should be fine. Don't lose hope! When you see your BB come back to life it is the best feeling ever!
    Let us know how it goes.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    2405C793

OK, after a few tries, I got through everything and now have the spinning hourglass of doom. how long should I wait uintil I should do something. ( its been about 30 min)!!!

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

the process takes a while so be patient . . . and remember, sometimes you have to go through the steps more than once.
    Last edited by cyberspastic; 12-09-2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: more info

PIN/ID
    2405C793

nevermind, got it all figured out, one last wquestion, for now. My settinga are all generic. can I use backup/restore to get all my custom settings back?

you guys have all been great. a million times better ( and faster) than some of the customer service I delt with

I am now a truely loyal member

gordo

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~oh you guys are good! I wanted to try and help but I have a pearl..AND have never had that prob. Aren't our friends wonderful?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    nevermind, got it all figured out, one last wquestion, for now. My settinga are all generic. can I use backup/restore to get all my custom settings back?

you guys have all been great. a million times better ( and faster) than some of the customer service I delt with

I am now a truely loyal member

gordo
    Gordo -- yes your latest backup will restore your settings Welcome to pinstack

PIN/ID
    2405C793

More questions, but at least my phone is working;

when I go to syncronize and select configuration, there is not drop down for microsoft outlook

how can I fix that.

This is intitally how my whole situation started, trying to fix that, and I kept gettng this weird message after I tried to send an email. Lavagirl said I ws on BES and not BIS. I tried to reconfigure and taht was how I got the the 507 error

PIN/ID
    2405C793

I am also gettin g" no applications configured," when I sync. obviously part of problem above.

gordo

PIN/ID
    2405C793

have outlook office, I got it figured out, thanks to everyone for all their help.

I think I have one last question,

now I cannot find my browzers. media nest and BB

where did they go?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

go to options, advanced options, host routing table. Do register now 3x. Should be there then.

PIN/ID
    2405C793

got it thaks

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

got it thaks
    yah, host routing tables are a good last step. i also resend my service books for good measure (that seems to bring the browser back if it doesn't come up after all these steps....)