Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by rob_grimes ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i switched from a curve to an iPhone. now ... General Blackberry forum

LisainNC no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: I switched to Treo (for one day!!)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rob_grimes
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i switched from a curve to an iPhone. now I'm back to the curve, expensive mistake. What a P.O.S.!

Rob, just out of curiosity, what specifically didn't work for you with the iPhone? My business partner is going to want one at some point (maybe 2nd generation)...we got him a Pearl to use in the interim and I assume he likes it because he hasn't complained, but he still considers the iPhone the pinnacle of phonedom. He's not a heavy user like I am, so it might be fine for him...and it will also be a replacement for his aging iPod. How was email compared to Blackberry? Is it push, or do you have to send and receive on a schedule or manually? What did you think of the on-screen keyboard vs your Curve?

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LisainNC
    I totally agree...which is why I'm still carrying around my Palm T/X and don't foresee giving it up anytime soon...
    Glad to hear it. I also still have my Treo and use it for on-location edits of scripts, reviewing radio commercials before they get sent to stations, checking budgets, etc. Like I said, the Treo is more of a computer that can also make phone calls. Now that RIM is going after the young consumer market, the 3rd party software developers will be forced to follow and come up with more and more BB applications. I have no doubt that eventually my Curve (or the next generation) will be able to do everything that my Treo can do now. If I didn't, I wouldn't have switched back to a BB and I wouldn't be here.

...It did seem to me that the Treo 755p required a lot more fiddling than I'm used to with Palms....
    That's why I didn't upgrade from my 650.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceDog
    Glad to hear it. I also still have my Treo and use it for on-location edits of scripts, reviewing radio commercials before they get sent to stations, checking budgets, etc. Like I said, the Treo is more of a computer that can also make phone calls. Now that RIM is going after the young consumer market, the 3rd party software developers will be forced to follow and come up with more and more BB applications. I have no doubt that eventually my Curve (or the next generation) will be able to do everything that my Treo can do now. If I didn't, I wouldn't have switched back to a BB and I wouldn't be here.

That's why I didn't upgrade from my 650.

I'm sure you're right about that...seems like the Blackberry software market is progressing very quickly. At the moment, Palm is a lot more Mac-friendly overall, but I'm hoping that will change too.

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LisainNC
    "...seems like the Blackberry software market is progressing very quickly....
    Hopefully.

But, understandably, still lagging far behind. I would guess that if there are a hundred BB 3rd party apps, there would be a thousand for Treo.

(I'll be convinced when I can get my Mobiystem Office Word, Excell, etc. suite for my Curve. )

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceDog
    Hopefully.

But, understandably, still lagging far behind. I would guess that if there are a hundred BB 3rd party apps, there would be a thousand for Treo.

(I'll be convinced when I can get my Mobiystem Office Word, Excell, etc. suite for my Curve. )

Yeah...I'm not really holding my breath for FileMaker Mobile and Pocket Quicken for Mac to come out for BB. I think Docs to Go is allegedly coming out soon, though...that's a start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12