Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I carry around an 8703e and a Palm T/X, so I thought it would be ... General Blackberry forum

LisainNC no está en línea Stack level 2

I switched to Treo (for one day!!)

Advertisement

I carry around an 8703e and a Palm T/X, so I thought it would be a good idea to try to pare down to one device; as a long-time Palm user, I have tons of software I rely on so I figured a Treo would be a good bet. My 8703e is with Verizon, but only Sprint carries the newest Palm OS Treo, the 755p...so I went to Sprint yesterday and got myself one...THANK GOODNESS I decided to test it for a few days before porting my number and canceling Verizon. Wow, did that thing ever make me appreciate my Blackberry...and I'm a long-time Palm user and (at least sorta) know what I'm doing! Trying to set up email took forever, I couldn't tell if data was connected or not and if I had an EVDO connection or not, sometimes it seemed like data was connected and then it would suddenly say it was connecting. If only I could get back the better part of the day I spent messing around with that thing.

If RIM would step up and provide a little better support for Mac OS, it would solve a lot of my problems (for instance, providing a way to sync with 3rd-party software and acceptable synching with Entourage)! But at any rate, I'm sticking with my Blackberry. For email and data, it's not even a contest, in my opinion. When I think of the huge mistake I ALMOST made...well, I don't even like thinking about it.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: I switched to Treo (for one day!!)

Sorry about your bad experience w/ the treo but glad you chose to stay with your blackberry.

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Welcome to the Stacks LisainNC!

I totally agree with you. Once you go BlackBerry, you wont go back. Please let us know if you need anything. Have a nice stay.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Now to get her to upgrade to a Curve or 8800...

Thanks, guys! I haven't posted much, but I've been lurking around for a while...I enjoy reading everyone's comments and experiences, and everybody seems really helpful to newcomers.

I would LOVE a Curve...when Verizon gets them, I'm there!!

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Glad you decided to hang in there with us. Where else can you find a forum as lively as this?

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~blackberry all the way!! Haha

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Welcome to Pinstack.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Now to get her to upgrade to a Curve or 8800...

and Welcome to the Stacks!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

rob_grimes no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i switched from a curve to an iPhone. now I'm back to the curve, expensive mistake. What a P.O.S.!

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

Thanks for posting. Treo was actually my second choice. But instead I got a blackberry. Now I know I made a great choice.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

I am a long-time user of both BlackBerry and Treo (we're talking years here, kids) and my simplified comparison would be: the new BB's are Smartphones (finally) and the Treos are small computers that also make phone calls. And therein lie their problems, or at least most of them. My old Treo-650 can still do a lot more than my new Curve can. It just needs more work, more patience, and more skills before it does these things than most people are willing to invest. And I dont blame them. Been there, done that, suffered the endless reset loops.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by LisainNC
    If RIM would step up and provide a little better support for Mac OS, it would solve a lot of my problems (for instance, providing a way to sync with 3rd-party software and acceptable synching with Entourage)!
    Have you looked into hosted BES using Entourage as the client? I seem to recall hearing about people who have this working. You'd need to find a BES provider that supports Entourage (I think MailStreet might).

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceDog
    I am a long-time user of both BlackBerry and Treo (we're talking years here, kids) and my simplified comparison would be: the new BB's are Smartphones (finally) and the Treos are small computers that also make phone calls. And therein lie their problems, or at least most of them. My old Treo-650 can still do a lot more than my new Curve can. It just needs more work, more patience, and more skills before it does these things than most people are willing to invest. And I dont blame them. Been there, done that, suffered the endless reset loops.

I totally agree...which is why I'm still carrying around my Palm T/X and don't foresee giving it up anytime soon. I'm used to fiddling around with Palms, but after using the Blackberry I guess I'm not as patient or forgiving as I used to be. (Or maybe I'm just getting old!) It did seem to me that the Treo 755p required a lot more fiddling than I'm used to with Palms.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Have you looked into hosted BES using Entourage as the client? I seem to recall hearing about people who have this working. You'd need to find a BES provider that supports Entourage (I think MailStreet might).

Takeshi, I haven't looked into that and it's a great idea...I will definitely check into it. Thank you for the suggestion!

Update: Apparently Mailstreet BES doesn't support Macs...if anyone knows of other companies that offer this service, I'd love to hear about them.
    Last edited by LisainNC; 08-23-2007 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast