The Tech Idiot decided to jump right in -- into the deep end, LOL. We ... General Blackberry forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

I pulled the trigger -- my first Blackberry is on the way!

Advertisement

The Tech Idiot decided to jump right in -- into the deep end, LOL. We have a corporate deal with all the major carriers and get some nice discounts on PDA's, cell phones, BB's, calling plans, etc.

I decided to go with Verizon and I had a choice between the 7250 and the 7130e. I went with the 7250 -- yes, I know the 7130e is most recent model, but I wanted to stick with the standard keypad and make my life simple. I paid $89.99 and $44.95 per month for an unlimited plan. I didn't get any voice plan as I am sticking with my cell phone -- again, making my life simple, LOL.

So, any good books I should read? Something that could at least get me up to speed so I can be functional.

Thank you to everyone for all of your help, patience, and understanding. I greatly appreciate everything.

Eric

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Re: I pulled the trigger -- my first Blackberry is on the way!

Excellent choice TI!~ Life is easier when everything is made... simple.

For your read pleasure, click here.

Enjoy!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

Thank you. The Blackberry homepage, and the page you referenced, was one of the first places I went. That presentation was very good and helpful.

I am sure I'll have a ton of questions. Thank you again.

Eric

My BB has arrived. Got it out of the box and charged it up.

I think I have to wait until Monday to contact my IT guy and get this thing up and running. I am going to play around with it a little, read "How to Do Everything with your Blackberry" (looks like a good book for a Tech Idiot) and hopefully get a little familiar with this unit.

Any other advice here? Thank you.

Eric

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Yo.. Ti,

Tell your IT guy to enter your name in your BES server, I'm assuming your company is running BES server. If your running BES 4.0, then you can activate it with email and password. Ask your IT guy to set that up.

If your running BES 3.6, then you'll need to install Blackberry Desktop Software on your work PC. Have FUN!~
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

atwageman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40107E8F

Since this your first BB, then you will most likely start to get the feeling of how you ever lived without it.

Quote Originally Posted by vyperz
    Yo.. Ti,

Tell your IT guy to enter your name in your BES server, I'm assuming your company is running BES server. If your running BES 4.0, then you can activate it with email and password. Ask your IT guy to set that up.

If your running BES 3.6, then you'll need to install Blackberry Desktop Software on your work PC. Have FUN!~
    The BES server(s) are not on site. I need to call and get them to "sign me up". I don't know which version they are running.

I thought I would have to install the Blackberry Desktop Software regardless -- so that I can use my desktop (actually a laptop), enter meetings, etc. and then sync. I don't need the software on my laptop if they are running 4.0?

Thank you.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by atwageman
    Since this your first BB, then you will most likely start to get the feeling of how you ever lived without it.
    I can only hope that I get to feel that way. Right now, I am playing around with the BB, just get familiar with it, learn a bit about the features, moving around it, etc. The real fun starts tomorrow when this thing gets "up and running", LOL.

Thanks.

Eric