Hello Pinstackers, I am due for an upgrade in a couple of weeks and I ... General Blackberry forum

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

I Need Help Picking out a BB

Advertisement

Hello Pinstackers,

I am due for an upgrade in a couple of weeks and I am looking to upgrade to a newer BB. I currently have the BB 8700c and i am looking to upgrade to a newer device either the BB Curve, 8800, Or the 8820. I really don't know how to narrow it down. I know I want media features, a camera would be a + but i don't really need it. WI-FI would also be a plus because if i find that Im in a wi-fi area i might just drop my BB plan. But then again i feel like if I'm paying 30 bucks for a BB plan and I'm connected at all times why have wi-fi? I don't think the speed is that slow. I do like the look of the 8800/8820. The curve is cool but the only reason why i really like it is because of the camera. Most importantly I am looking for the best deal! I noticed that now the 8800 cost more then the curve! Any prices for 8820?

Curve,8800, and 8820?

What do you think? Any Suggestions?

calin143 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2420CAEC

Re: I Need Help Picking out a BB

I'm with you c1chris,
    I have been debating which of those phones would beeter suit myself. The BB 8310 in the new Curve right? This site has been very informative, and the Pinstackers very helpful to those in need. I live in Michigan and currrently use Verizon service. The phones i've been considering are with AT & T. Anyone know if the AT & T service is really good in Michigan? Verizon has been excellent but they do not have the BB phones i am considering. TIA-------Michael

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

its definitely hard because once you settle with a device another one seems to come out and yeah it usually has that few extra features.......so good luck!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

pure preference and need my friend
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

This is just me -- but if I were upgrading my bb right now I would probably go the new Curve because it has wifi. You have a 30 day return window so if you arent happy with whatever you get you can try another one. also I have AT&T and I like them, I've had absolutely no problems.

PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

When is the new curve coming out? I didn't even think about that. I might just go for that if the date isn't to far.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dilipc no está en línea Stack level 3

I had a Pearl as my first BB, then moved to a 8800. Now I'm tempted to dump it and go for a Curve (I think it was a bit unfair for BB to release Curve so close to the 8800!!). Now they've released a 8820 too, and I am confused! But after putting emotions aside, I decided to continue with a 8800 because i)I don't reallly need a camera, ii)what's the point of WiFi when I'm connected all the time anyway with my plan and I feel any BB is no good without a plan, iii)Curve doesn't have GPS and iv)there's no PIN change facility available.
    But like they say, it's really a hugely personal choice!!

PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

You make a good point.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kawarskih no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F54740

well just as i was finna upgrade to a pearl, the at&t rep told me there was a new one coming out next month, so i decided to wait, but i kno as soon as i get that one, he's gonna tell me, HEY WE GOT A NEW 8358G CURVE/DIAMOND BB COMING OUT IN 2 WEEKS.LOL just go wit what u think will hold u over for a while cause the way things look, we'll b updating every 2 weeks this christmas