Well it was yesterday, during my usual Starbuck run for my guys at the office ... General Blackberry forum

huyanhle no está en línea Stack level 2

I need help changing my mind.

Advertisement

Well it was yesterday, during my usual Starbuck run for my guys at the office every Friday. Well the Apple Store's wait line wasn't as terrible as I expected, I guess alot of people left after the activation server problem. The wife's Cingular contract ended months ago, so I decide to wait in life for the iPhone with intentions to activate it. If I didn't like it, I had nothing to lose considering the eBay prices. Plus the she loves white.

I have to say the employee's aren't very knowlegeable, however it was great customer service. So I activated an 8GB white iPhone, the 8GB Blacks were sold out. My .Mac account was already active and was changed to mobileMe a few days ago. During the first 3 hours of use, I definitely knew that I can not leave Blackberry, as the emails weren't pusing correctly. It has been almost 24 hours later, Push email is working perfectly, I must say instantly. I've installed a few free applications from the App Store, the applications were amazing. In addition, the firmware has been "jailbroken" and the unofficial Installer was be released soon. And it will allow the unofficial applications with background feature plus the App Store.

However I do not want to lose hope in my current Curve. I was hoping to make this thread needing a few responses about

United States launch of the Blackberry Bold or new devices, newer Blackberry interfaces, and official T-Mobile's OS 4.5 release date. Anyone of those answers will make support my decision with staying with RIM. Does anyone have anything fresh from the rumor mill?

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wait for the thunder that's all I have to say

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I think the fresh rumor mill was end of july for the Bold...who knows. I am thinking about the iphone too---at least trying it until the Bold comes out and seeing which one I want. Hubby has the old iphone and with the new software it's amazing!!!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I think the fresh rumor mill was end of july for the Bold...who knows. I am thinking about the iphone too---at least trying it until the Bold comes out and seeing which one I want. Hubby has the old iphone and with the new software it's amazing!!!
    I am definitely sticking with the iPhone until the Bold releases. However I can't decide to completely removed the Blackberry Internet Plan on my personal T-Mobile account and add the family plan to my wife's AT&T plan. Cutting unnecessary costs is better than cutting nothing at all during these economic times.

It just feels like we're just waiting and waiting for the Bold to release, especially with just information about FCC approval on the front page. And we're left in the dark wandering about a release date.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Blame att not RIM for no release date. Its up to att to release it. And as it seems that RIM gave att exclusive right for 90 days no one else can release it in the US. Maybe next time RIM will think twice about letting att have the exclusive. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    As I long time Blackberry user, I will never use a touchscreen Blackberry. It's something that I believe can never compete with the iPhone's Cocoa Touch Interface. The Bold is a good contender in my opinion however.

The Thunder's ground breaking haptic keyboard has already been done on multiple devices, including my old iPhone on version 1.1.2.
    http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...phone-keyboard

It was an horrible, I prefer to hear the physical press on the button, then a vibration on any Blackberry. My two cents, I Blackberry is just another phone without it's signature phyiscal QWERTY. On the iPhone I prefer the audio click of a keypress.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    RIM or AT&T (whichever, it really doesn't matter), have made waiting for the Thunder or the Bold a no brainer. There's no chance I'll wait for what could be months on end while I can have the new Iphone now. I'll be getting the Iphone and by the time the Bold is released, I will know whether the Iphone's keyboard is something one can get used to or not. My guess is that it can be gotten used to. I am an avid Blackberry fan, and love my Curve, but it's time to try something new. I will be reporting back to give my true opinion, not colored by any wish for the Iphone to be good or bad.